Letting one walk....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aggie PhD View Post
    He is still kicking. Had been hanging out at 2 different stands. But mainly at the one I first saw him. Still looks in good shape body wise. So I am hopeful
    Watched him for 25 minutes on Saturday.

It was tough to roll the dice. But it looks like he is good to go. Found a smaller deer that got killed from the rut on Saturday. Got a puncture in the guts. Hopefully everyone will leave him alone for another couple weeks and he will start eating some protein this year
    I was driving very close to yalls gate over the last week and there was a roadkill deer without a head. I was hoping it wasn't your boy! So glad to hear it isn't.

Comment

Good looking buck

Comment

Very good looking deer

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie PhD View Post
          I would not say that we are in "monster deer" country.
          Based on your photos, I disagree.

There has never been a 200" deer killed that wasnt 160-180 at some point in his life. Giant deer are rare, but not as rare as it seems because few of those potential giants ever make it to 6-7 years.

Well done! The more hunters that follow suit on your decision, and the more you share your decision with other hunters (including neighbors) the more "monster deer" country will be developed in Texas. Way to be a leader!

Comment

Tough one to pass but he will be better next year

Comment

After seeing him two weeks ago he disappeared from the game cameras. Always makes you nervous this time of year, especially since I found a dead young buck that died from fighting. The last weekend my lease mates went to fill the cotton seed feeders. The feed store loaded the wrong pallet and a bunches of it was rotten. Store owner just said to dump it and come get another one next week. They dumped 1400# out in one big pile and put a game camera on it. We got a new batch of unrotten seed and deployed it yesterday. The deer had knocked the pile down and hammered it. My buddy sent me pictures this morning. We had never seen him at our cotton seed feeders before this..... some of these pictures make him look huge. They are keeping the cows out of the pasture for a while so hopefully they can continue to eat at the pile. Will check back in a couple weeks and see how much more they have eaten. Come on November

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

84” up?

Comment

He is "HUGE"!!!

Comment

Can’t wait to see what he turns into next year!

Comment

Deer in that part of country are hard to age, but probably would have let him walk if I wasn’t sure on his age.

Comment

Really nice. Good Luck with him.

I could not let him walk if I saw him next fall.

Comment

People who hunt Sabinal don’t walk deer like that.
                          Good for you. That’s a monster.
                          Hope you end up getting him in a year or two.

Comment

Great buck he would be hard for me to pass up with a bow.

Comment

That’s a special deer

Comment

I have him at 4.5 also.

The people who say they wouldn't let him walk will never grow a monster.

Congrats and I applaud you.

Comment

Working...
                                X