• Show
Clear All

Turned down a bit.

Comment

Good thread and info

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhunter1994 View Post
        Turned down a bit.
        the starting rotation is set with the bow @ peak weight (maxed out). The cable should pass through the hole at this time; however, when the limbs are backed out the orientation will change. if it is in the center of the hole with the bow backed out then the starting rotation probably needs a little work.

if it was my bow i would do the following:
        1. max the bow out
        2. set the starting rotation on the cam
        3. set the draw length
        4. make sure the bow is hitting peak weight and full let-off
        5. set the idler for zero lean @ full draw
        6. reset the rest to make sure the arrow is running through the berger(s) on the riser
        7. set the nocking point level to 1/16" high
        8. begin the tuning process again

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
          you can ship your bow to me and i will tune it for you for 75 bucks.

Sounds like a pretty good offer

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
            What brand string???
            Korbins
            Thank you sir, I am a little picky about my bow. Good info bud thanks
            Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
            Sounds like a pretty good offer
            There is no way in hell that I'd pay anybody $75 to tune a single cam bow unless I had to pay for a new rest or strings.
            Whoever put the strings on, incorrectly twisted the strings, or the strings were the wrong length to begin with, or , heaven forbid, the stretched a lot.
            If your cable is centered in the hole, with the bow backed off, your cam rotation is wrong.
            Not $75 wrong, but wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
              There is no way in hell that I'd pay anybody $75 to tune a single cam bow unless I had to pay for a new rest or strings.

Whoever put the strings on, incorrectly twisted the strings, or the strings were the wrong length to begin with, or , heaven forbid, the stretched a lot.

If your cable is centered in the hole, with the bow backed off, your cam rotation is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                classy as always rocky.

it costs me 40.00 bucks to ship the bow back, you really are a piece of work. thanks for rolling up in here and taking the words right out of my mouth(literally) and acting like you know what's going on.

op, i'm out....... hope you get your issue resolved.

rocky, it sure was nice without you posting for a while, or at least that's the way it seemed. wishing you all the best....

Comment

This was your post.
                  You didn't say that your cost for shipping was $40 .
                  You simply said that you would tune the man's bow for $75.
                  I don't grasp your issue with me.
                  AS a matter of fact, I do know what's going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                    you too man, you act a cool and such............... you ain't. your previous posts are in poor taste as always without you bringing anything to the table with any real worth. the op has a problem, I try to help him. you come in on the vapor trail tip as usual.......

don't forget I TOLD him what was wrong with the bow, then your boy rocky rolls up in here with you snapping at his heels, well we all know what happens next.

you think that's funny, you're an enabler.

Comment

Broadhead tuning question

you too man, you act a cool and such............... you ain't. your previous posts are in poor taste as always without you bringing anything to the table with any real worth. the op has a problem, I try to help him. you come in on the vapor trail tip as usual.......

don't forget I TOLD him what was wrong with the bow, then your boy rocky rolls up in here with you snapping at his heels, well we all know what happens next.

you think that's funny, you're an enabler.

Uhhhh. You took that totally wrong dude. And I know plenty. You know that. But I didn't need to add much cuz you covered it right off the bat.

Nice blast at me btw. Sorry I like to laugh.

Comment

Settle down fellas ... Thanks muddy fuzzy you helped a lot.
                        Rocky I don't know you but he was helping me and you bash him for a offer he gave ME. I knew how much it was to send a bow and I automatically deducted that from the 70$. I haven't jumped on it because I want to see if the problem can be fixed locally without having to ship.
                        I found someone down here and hopefully issue gets resolved SOON.

Comment

Rocky I don't know you but he was helping me and you bash him for a offer he gave ME. I knew how much it was to send a bow and I automatically deducted that from the 70$. I haven't jumped on it because I want to see if the problem can be fixed locally without having to ship.
                          Don't forget that there's one or two guys at Point Blank that should be able to fix you up. Beto is the tuning guru there so ask for him. Let's shoot when you get her all tuned up.

Comment

There was no intent to bash ol' muddyfuzzy in my post.
                            His advice was correct, and I didn't say anything to contradict it.
                            All I said ( advice from me to you), was that $ 75 is pretty steep to tune a single cam bow, that obviously has a simple cam rotation issue (over advanced) due to improper installation of strings, or improper length strings.
                            Again, there was no mention of shipping in the $75 quote, only that he would tune your bow for that amount.
                            Maybe I should have just simply known that $40 was for shipping
                            I own an archery shop and tune lots of bows of all makes and models.
                            I don't have a clue what muddyfuzzy does for a living, but I do know he gets on here to help and gives lots of advice.

Comment

I've learned not to give advice on the internet

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Javi Cooper View Post
                                I've learned not to give advice on the internet
                                This is good advice for me.
                                I'm following it from now on.

Comment

Working...
                                X