Value Check? 336LTS “JM”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Value Check? 336LTS “JM”

Picked this up some years ago, without knowing anything about lever guns, or limited runs. Best I’ve been able to tell the Light Texan Safety was a pretty short run with the 16 inch barrel in 30/30, but I’m still uneducated on values and what exactly the “JM” stamp means. What’s this thing worth? Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Upwards of $700 ish right now.

$500 is a bargain.

Comment

I have #47 of the series, I don’t think they ever finished production of the intended run. Its always worth just what someone would pay for it, I wouldn’t let mine go at any price. I had another and stupidly sold it.

Mine and my summit “hazmore’d” climber is my poaching combo.

In this video we detail installation of the Backrest on a Summit Titan

I can only base off what I saw the recent ones sell for on gunbroker, maybe $1100
      Last edited by Voodoo; 10-22-2021, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Good to know. I got it while looking for beater 3030 for the ranger. It’s condition is too good for that so it just sits in the safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Paslaw0311 View Post
          Good to know. I got it while looking for beater 3030 for the ranger. It’s condition is too good for that so it just sits in the safe.
          I got a beater I would trade ya so that you can have one in the Ranger

Comment

Life is too short, just use it. If its a true 16” like mine you have to protect the crown because there is no wiggle room depending on fix.

I have mine scoped with Talley mounts and a Leupold 2.5 and its a tack driver. I ran the other with XS Ghost ring and XS .650 front sight.

Personally, I think a Weaver Grand Slam #S466 steel base on the front set of screws with a RomeO 5 will make you fall in love with it

I use this base with Aimpoint H2 on other Marlins
            Last edited by Voodoo; 10-24-2021, 01:20 PM.

Comment

The “JM” stamp means it is an original Marlin. I believe Remington bought them out and stopped stamping the barrels. Around 2003 or so. Could be wrong about the date. If I remember correctly, Ruger got the Marlin brand after Remington went into bankruptcy.

IV never fired or handled anything but a”JM” stamped Marlin. But have read that the Remington made Marlins weren’t quite as well put together.

Comment

As was said before... JM says it’s an original Marlin.. not one made by Remington... It’s semi rare... They are bringing over $1000 right now... There’s no way I’d alter it or abuse it in any way... It would be a safe queen from now on... JM Marlins are increasing in price... especially these types... A Marlin collector would give good money for that one...
                Attached Files

Comment

At the end of the day,other than the LTS***x serial number, its just a short Marlin 30-30 and deserves to be used.

Luckily my good friend worked at Marlin and I have two extra forends he scrounged for me in the event one cracks. I replaced my stock with the cowboy version with light buttplate instead of the extra heavy factory buttpad. That buttpad weighs right at 1/2 lb

If you are going to sell it, I’d probably get on it before Ruger saturates the market with 336’s or does special runs for TALO or Lipsey’s.

LTS’s have never been sought after by collectors, only users. The Stainless SDT was the collector’s prize.
                  Last edited by Voodoo; 10-24-2021, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X