Anyone been to the gun shows lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone been to the gun shows lately?

My goodness I got sticker shock IMMEDIATELY! I couldn't believe wat I was seeing. Hornady Superformance in 257 Bob for $90/box, 357 magnum for $75/box and the list went on and on.

I did find a couple of rifles that I like, but didn't pull the trigger. A Ruger #1 in 275 Rigby and a Ruger African in 6.5 Swede. I shoulda, but I didn't.

I went to one in Abilene this past Saturday. Similar pricing on all the ammo but sure didn't many walking around like they had purchased much of the high priced stuff. Ridiculousness!

Comment

Figured out many years ago that Guns Shows were a rip off. Haven’t been back since 2006

Comment

@SabreKiller was there a lot less inventory available for sale compared to prior shows?

Comment

Originally posted by SharpEnd View Post
          @SabreKiller was there a lot less inventory available for sale compared to prior shows?
          I believe the inventory was about the same if not a little more on the tables. I saw the same vendors at this show that were at the last show.

Comment

Gun shows aren’t what they used to be, no deals to be found hardly.

Comment

Gun shows are where you go for something you just absolutely can't find anywhere else. The prices are just nuts.

Comment

I went to the Ft Worth show.. this past weekend... Yeah most folks asked crazy prices in ammo... 30-30 for 30-65 a box... I did pick up some deals on ammo... Not everyone shoots the same ammo I do and I bought from the tables selling their personal stuff instead of the gougers... $40 a box on everything there.. except $45 for the 375... Did good on some magazines too... Don’t go there for 223 tho...😁
                Attached Files

Comment

I’m rude, I point at them a laugh out loud.

Comment

I have found a few firearms at a decent price. At least compared to local dealers.

Comment

I've been going to Big Town the last few years. More vendors, cheaper entry, and no parking fees. Course there are more people there. But I've been going to shows since the mid 1980s (not counting the ones in Ohio 1978-1981 before moving back here). And have seen Ft. Worth when it was at it's max. The only reason I go to any one now is for select items. And those are usually used items. This is no different than when Ob was in office. Gotta give the market time to settle down before prices will drop some. "Be pacient grasshoppa" .

Comment

Last gun show I went to was in 2009 or so. If I hear of one being good I may go back to one, but doesn’t sound like I’ve missed any screaming deals over the years.

Comment

I love a good gun show. The only one that i really enjoy is the Houston gun collectors shows. Most of the other shows have overpriced guns that you can see at Academy

Comment

The last several pistols I bought were at gun shows. They were all BNIB and priced lower than any retail price out there. All bought from dealers and doing paperwork.

Even the last one I went to a month ago, the gun prices weren’t all terrible. There were some gougers for sure(probably 50%), but not like ammo(which everyone was gouging).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I went to 1 in Caldwell about 3 months ago, they let me in about 10 minutes early there was a dealer who had a Mossberg maverick 12 ga. Like brand new with a really nice leather sheath with a strap ....$200 cash no paper work, was sell it for a lady who’s husband died , sold the sheath for $50 ..... right place right time ...other than that ,prices were crazy, I set up outside by my car and sold .22 ammo I was buying a lot @ wal-mart so I turned around and sold it cheaper and still made money

Comment

Working...
                              X