Double Arrow Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double Arrow Ranch

I just hunted Double Arrow Ranch with my daughters last weekend (Dec. 08). I try and go to several exotic ranches each year.

This ranch is not overly large, but has some thick areas. Curtis has a good number of animals, with some trophies in most of the species.

He is very honest about the number and quality of what is on the ranch at any particular time. He knows the property and the animals very well, and can put the hunters where they have a good chance at an opportunity.

I would rate the ranch very good to excellent for oryx and blackbuck, he has a couple of good fallow and more that will be good next year. I saw a couple of good axis and two big red deer (one is protected).

He has a house for the hunters to stay in and it has full kitchen and satalite TV with HBO.

His trophy fees are comparable to the other similar operations and he sometimes has deals or meat hunts if you are looking for that.

I would not hesitate to say that Curtis works as hard as anyone I have ever hunted with to make his hunters happy.

We should have come home with a blackbuck and a fallow, but the girls had some trouble closing the deal. Certainly not Curtis or the ranchs fault. An opportunity is all you can ask for.

If you are in the market for an exotic hunt on a high fenced place....I can recommend Double Arrow.

As always...feel free to pm, call, or e-mail me.

Mark Johnson

Hmmm.another place to maybe check out.. thanks Chunky (Mark)

Comment

Do you have any contact info?

Comment

website?

Comment

We offer exotic deer and antelope hunts near Gonzales, Texas for axis deer, blackbuck antelope, fallow deer, barasingha deer, scimitar-horned oryx, whitetail deer, Texas Dall rams, Black Hawaiian rams, Corsican rams, and Painted Desert rams. Our hunts are year-around bow hunting for top quality exotic hunts near Houston, San Antonio, or Austin, Texas.

Go to www.texashuntingforum.com. Look for "Crutis". He is on there all the time. Ive heard ALOT of GOOD stuff about his place.

Comment

Working...
          X