sight ?/opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sight ?/opinions

Right now I shoot a trophy ridge single pin vertical pin. My ? is for those who shoot vert pin, do u like them and if u sight the short pin at 20yds, will the other pins be on? Looking at TR alpha 3.

anybody?

Comment

If your referring to the bottom pin as the short pin, you should set that up as the pin for your longest target and use the tip pin for the close target (20yds). Had a problem with the vertical pins not allowing me to pin gap when shooting 3D. Switched to a Spot Hogg and haven't looked back.

Comment

Thanks for clarification.

Comment

Anybody else got an opinion?

Comment

I had a Tr 5 pin, but when i started shooting 3d and i was in the shadows i could not see the pins, so i had to get another sight, getting old sucks for the eyesight. When i first got the 5 pin TR it was awesome and still is for that matter , it just doesn't work for me any more.

The top pin is the short yardage pin just like with ant multi pin sight

Comment

I had a tr 5 pin for a few years. You will be close with the other pins when you sight in but you will have to move them some. Not hard at all. I went the opposite direction that you are. I went to a single and like it much better. Much better sight picture with the single pin.

Comment

ok, a different ?. my bow shoots 266fps, i looked at the vertical pins and dont really like them, so i was thinking about getting a 3pin sight and removing 1pin. what distances would u set the 2 pins? 40yds is my max that i feel comfortable with and what sight would yall recommend? thanks

Comment

Use all pins, top one at 20, middle at 30 and the bottom at 40. Leaves you some room for pin gape. Spot Hogg is what I would recommend. Built like a tank and easy to adjust.

Comment

I've used the TR sights and like them, but several years ago I bought a new bow and could not find the TR sight I wanted. Thats when I saw the Vital Bow Gear sights. Iwas blown away by how brite these sights are compared to the TR sights. The VBG sight I purchased was the Triangle which is a modifide virtical pin sight. Mine has been a great sight so far. I would recommend you take a look at the VBG sights. As for gapping for distance; the one I have is adjustable. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                    X