No announcement yet.

Sleeping with fan or white noise vs Security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get a dog! Check with your insurance to see how it is covered.

Comment

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post
      Sleep machine for me. I also have one at my camp house in Kansas. I take it on vacation too. If the bad guys slip in and get in the middle of the night, it won't be a bad way to go 'cause I'll be in a deep sleep.
      Unless bad guys are not there to steal and they're part of the LGBYQrst group

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
      I stroll right the the finest hotels with my Wal-Mart box fan.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
      Thought I was the only one doing this! Can't sleep without a good fan.

Comment

I sleep HARD! My Bride however does not. Even with a fan on she hears most things and then elbows me in the ribs. Between her and my 2 labs, not much gets by. Including the deer which my dogs bark at and then I wake up to see them in the yard without much of a care in the world

Comment

I am not sleeping WITHOUT a ceiling fan and box fan on high. I have never gone to bed worried about someone breaking into my home and highly doubt if I ever do. If the lords plan is for me to go out in my sleep by an intruder that I didn’t hear enter my house then there is nothing I am going to do to stop that plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
            As i read these it's kinda sad how some of y'all live in fear. Alarms, glass break thingy pistols in every drawer . When God is ready for you he will come get you not a minute sooner. Sweet dreams

My exact thoughts.

Comment

If the weather is nice, I have windows open, fan going, and likely the door is wide open. I ask one favor from anyone who decides to break in. Start the coffee pot. It's ready each night, just needs turned on.

Comment

So I grew up in a small town and watched every Death Wish movie at least 5 times. When i moved into my first new house I was terrified that people were just dying to kick in my door and steal all of my stuff and all. That was 20 years ago and I have had about 10 different addresses in that time. Still scared the first night I sleep somewhere new, after I settle in my imagination doesn’t seem to care too much. But we have an alarm with a few bells and whistles, mostly for piece of mind when I am out of town and I have a few pistols strategically and safely placed throughout the house. I have tinnitus pretty bad so I sleep with a fan that sounds like an airplane about to lift off. I sleep insanely hard and don’t think much about the noises around the house because my hearing sucks anyways.

Find the things the make you feel safe, but try to relax and just live in your house. Texas is so heavily armed that most home invasions are pretty well planned and not random, and the culprits tend to try and glean info that allows them to break in when no one is home.

Comment

Have a dog that barks even when flies fart.

Comment

If I were to I put a long gun at the ready in my home, it would not be an AR. It would be an assault style pump shotgun loaded with OO Buck.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Get another dog, no noise while I sleep, I wake up to the slightest noise. I have caught several things going on in the neighbor hood. Protection shot gun. I worked at a heart doctors house and he had some targets posted that he had shot. We got to talking and I asked what he kept for home protection. He said “well you hear all the time about people getting shot with hand guns and surviving don’t you “. How many you hear getting shot with a shot gun a surviving, because they don’t, they go straight to the morgue.
                      Last edited by critter69; 01-15-2022, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post

Current setup: Pistol within arms reach of the bed, Simple safe alarm system being setup over the next week or two. Dog, but he is getting pretty old and just snores and farts most of the night

What other security advice would you suggest?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
                        Re-enforce your entry ways, and add lighting to your exterior.

Here is a video on what I'm talking about by re-enforcing your entry ways -

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bC8uEVoOOfk"]How to Install a ‘Fortress Door’ to Keep Your Home Safe - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Lack of good quality sleep long term will kill you far quicker than the small likelihood of a home invasion.

Get an alarm, set the alarm, have a gun reachable if needed, and get some sleep.

Just a FYI, you need a bedside safe if you have kids. I keep my bedside gun locked in a single pistol safe and just have gotten in the habit of unlocking it every night and locking it every morning.

Comment

After being a trucker for a couple of years I got real used to having that engine noise going while I slept. So now I’m hooked on having some kind of “white noise” going so I can sleep. For me it’s a space heater fan running in the bathroom but with the heat setting off.
                            My house is a hundred yards from the road, my property is fenced and my entryway gate is electronic and stays closed. My back door stays unlocked but to get through it you’ll have to go through Highway. He believes it’s his duty to kill things that don’t belong on his property. Firearms are close at hand and I am prepared but I can’t control everything so I just do what’s best for me and mine and I sleep soundly.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddox View Post
                              Lack of good quality sleep long term will kill you far quicker than the small likelihood of a home invasion.

Get an alarm, set the alarm, have a gun reachable if needed, and get some sleep.

Just a FYI, you need a bedside safe if you have kids. I keep my bedside gun locked in a single pistol safe and just have gotten in the habit of unlocking it every night and locking it every morning.
                              You know what is crazy when we grew up we didn't have locks on guns. My dad made really clear don't touch um and we didn't

Comment

Move to Texas.

Comment

Working...
                                X