Crazy truck value............???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crazy truck value............???

I was just playing around with the numbers this morning. I went to the KBB page and put in the info for my truck. 2018 Titan HS Pro-4x. 104,000 miles in good shape. Has been the best truck I have ever owned and I don't want to get rid of it, but KBB said the value was 24,000. MSRP was 56,000 in 2018. Does that sound right to yall?

XD not HS (spell check)

Comment

KBB and others are behind the times over the past year.

Comment

Originally posted by Bud View Post
        I was just playing around with the numbers this morning. I went to the KBB page and put in the info for my truck. 2018 Titan HS Pro-4x. 104,000 miles in good shape. Has been the best truck I have ever owned and I don't want to get rid of it, but KBB said the value was 24,000. MSRP was 56,000 in 2018. Does that sound right to yall?
        Doesn’t sound right at all!

Comment

Probably a bit low, here's the most comparable one I could find on TrueCar:

I recently used KBB Instant Cash Offer to sell a vehicle and was very pleased with the offer they gave me.

Comment

Kbb’s offer on my truck was $6500 less than what I sold it for.

Comment

We traded in my wife’s 2017 Pro 4x last year, they gave us $35k for it. Hers had 76k miles and not XD.

Comment

Give me the vin.com gave me 5k more than i paid for truck and would have bought the brand new Corolla i bought with my profit for 2k more than i bought it for with 10,000 miles. Its not a scam they gave me a check on the spot

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                  Probably a bit low, here's the most comparable one I could find on TrueCar:

I recently used KBB Instant Cash Offer to sell a vehicle and was very pleased with the offer they gave me.
                  Dang, I just put my truck specs in and apparently, my 2500 Ram is worth $1000 less than what I paid for it new 4 years and 88k miles ago. I'd sell, but what the heck would I replace it with?

Comment

Originally posted by Laketex View Post
                    Dang, I just put my truck specs in and apparently, my 2500 Ram is worth $1000 less than what I paid for it new 4 years and 88k miles ago. I'd sell, but what the heck would I replace it with?
                    This is the problem some don't realize. Whatever additional you make in the trade is taken immediately away when buying. Vehicle prices are through the roof. Unless you can sell a vehicle you don't need, there isn't a point in trading now.

Comment

Originally posted by FCoDxDart View Post
                      This is the problem some don't realize. Whatever additional you make in the trade is taken immediately away when buying. Vehicle prices are through the roof. Unless you can sell a vehicle you don't need, there isn't a point in trading now.
                      x2!

Seems people don't know this or wanna hear it

Comment

Originally posted by ACbob View Post
                        KBB and others are behind the times over the past year.
                        True. I would look at AutoTrader.com or similar and see what comps to your actually truck are listed for.

I did the same thing for my daughters car last night. Its a 2016 Honda Civic Coupe. I bought it in 2019 for $13500 as a Certified Used Car. They are going for 18-19K today for the same car with low mileage.

Comment

When I traded my truck in back in June, I used KBB, they offered me 19K (265,000 miles on a 2016 Duramax with hail damage, scratches, dents, ripped seat, and 2 wrecks) and I used the check around with local dealerships and then got an offer for 26,000

Comment

I got $8K more for my 2018 Ram 2500 Cummins than I paid for it in 3 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by FCoDxDart View Post
                              This is not true in all cases.

I traded in a truck that I had a lot of equity built in. Traded for a much lesser truck that, because its now used, is worth (according to KBB) 2K more than I paid for it back in June. Now I've still got my equity plus some.

Backstory. I sold my 5th wheel so no longer needed a 3/4 ton truck so I downgraded to a GMC 1/2 ton.

Comment

Working...
                              X