Best home and auto insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best home and auto insurance

I am mulling around changing insurance companies. Present insurance company is unsatisfactory.
    I am 60, safe driver, never had a claim against.
    One claim years ago on my house, a small one and one last year. A theft claim.

Tell my what ya got and why. Thanx Calvin

Not state farm, they were absolutely terrible for the only home claim I've had in 10 years as a home customer, 22 as an auto customer. I need to shop for a new company.

Comment

Recommend finding a insurance broker who can shop rates with multiple providers. Should be doing this every year or 2 to keep those premiums in check.

Comment

Yes, stay away from State Farm. They love to take your money but hard to recover it from a claim.

Comment

USAA if you are ex military. Best service around. Bar none. Rates made me leave though after 30 years.

Comment

Amica

Comment

Get with site sponsor Cale (The Insurance Guy on here) with Archer' Insurance. He really helped us with our insurance!

Comment

We've been real pleased with Germania Insurance out of Brenham, have had them for over 20 years. We've had a couple of home claims and one auto claim in that time. I shop around every couple of years and they beat or nearly beat the competitor's prices.

Comment

Following. I'm 64 and still looking. I did the shop around every couple of years and found out they take that into consideration. No auto claims in 30+ years and 1 hail damage claim in 04 and I still get crappie rates. No kids on the policies. All have been about as honest and helpful as the lawyers I have used.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                    Not state farm, they were absolutely terrible for the only home claim I've had in 10 years as a home customer, 22 as an auto customer. I need to shop for a new company.
                    This
                    I can't tell ya which is best...
                    But, I can tell ya which is the worst. State Farm !!

Comment

We have Farm Bureau and it is great. The agent is a buddy of mine that got out of coaching to go into insurance. He now has his own branch. Best rates and customer service that I have ever had. Let me know if you want his information and I will get it to you.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
                        We have Farm Bureau and it is great. The agent is a buddy of mine that got out of coaching to go into insurance. He now has his own branch. Best rates and customer service that I have ever had. Let me know if you want his information and I will get it to you.
                        I forgot about him. My parents had him. I'll give him a shot.

Comment

We absolutely love Texas Farm Bureau. We just used them on a roof claim and I can't imagine how it could have been any easier. Customer service was top notch.

Comment

Very timely thread. I just got a quite for home/auto from USAA. Over 12 months they will save me $700, over what I'm currently paying for my Farmers policy. Farmers is great coverage, and I've had nothing but good service from them, but their prices have become pretty high.

Another point of interest....USAA is member owned. Their is no middle man (agent). It seems like you'd get a better deal when you can deal direct (wholesale) vs. through an agent (retail), as their is none of my out of pocket cost going to fund the agent. Am I incorrect in my thinking?
                            Last edited by simek; 01-26-2022, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
                              Get with site sponsor Cale (The Insurance Guy on here) with Archer' Insurance. He really helped us with our insurance!
                              100% agree with this. My home owners/windstorm policy increased about 74% this year. Get with Caleā€¦.he was able to save me a substantial amount and was very helpful.

Comment

Working...
                              X