Insurance Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insurance Question

We bought my wife a new Tahoe back in the spring. This thing has a target on it I swear. It has been hit twice while parked, keyed, and hit twice on the road. First time it was hit was right before Christmas by an uninsured motorist and caused almost $8000 in damages. Then this morning heading into Houston on 45, she was rear ended and the driver took off. I haven't seen the damage yet, but sounds like it's gonna be a couple grand to fix. I am worried that filing another claim this quickly will cause our insurance to drop us.

How quick do insurance companies tend to drop folks these days? The company is USAA and I have been with them for roughly 20 years. They have our homeowners insurance as well which we filed a claim against a few years ago for a new roof. Prior to that, my last claim was at least 8 years ago

I would be shocked if USAA dropped y’all at all.

Comment

I doubt USAA will drop or non renew you. Other insurance carriers would probably non renew if multiple claims are filed in a policy period. It just depends on the carrier really. The claims not being your fault will help though.

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
        We bought my wife a new Tahoe back in the spring. This thing has a target on it I swear. It has been hit twice while parked, keyed, and hit twice on the road. First time it was hit was right before Christmas by an uninsured motorist and caused almost $8000 in damages. Then this morning heading into Houston on 45, she was rear ended and the driver took off. I haven't seen the damage yet, but sounds like it's gonna be a couple grand to fix. I am worried that filing another claim this quickly will cause our insurance to drop us.

How quick do insurance companies tend to drop folks these days? The company is USAA and I have been with them for roughly 20 years. They have our homeowners insurance as well which we filed a claim against a few years ago for a new roof. Prior to that, my last claim was at least 8 years ago
        If these accidents arent your fault, i wouldnt think anything would happen.

Comment

It should be illegal to drop. You pay thousands of dollars to use insurance, then if you do use it they drop you or charge you more. I have never understood how this business model is legal. In my mind, we had an agreed upon price ($x/month), and for that price we have agreed upon services (fixing/replacing in an accident). Just because I actually made them hold up their end shouldn't justify me being dropped or charged more.

Comment

OP, check you policy. My policy is very specific and lays it out for me. Also, four accidents and two keyings in less than a year, wow....I worry when I get two rock chips in a year LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Young gun 12 View Post
              It should be illegal to drop. You pay thousands of dollars to use insurance, then if you do use it they drop you or charge you more. I have never understood how this business model is legal. In my mind, we had an agreed upon price ($x/month), and for that price we have agreed upon services (fixing/replacing in an accident). Just because I actually made them hold up their end shouldn't justify me being dropped or charged more.
              X2

Comment

Front and rear dash cam! Hard wire it in to where it is always on!

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post

They won’t drop you. They will put you on a “probation” and raise your rates. That is what they did with me when I was in my 20s. Not sure what they do now.

Comment

Originally posted by Young gun 12 View Post
                    They won't raise your rates in the middle of your policy term (agreed upon price) and they will fix the damage. When your policy renews if you don't like the price get a different insurance company and don't pay it.

Comment

Good Lord Chris, that Tahoe is CURSED!![emoji35]

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Toyota put me in a red company truck. I begged for any other color and nope.

In the first month I got 3 tickets and 2 wrecks that were not my fault. The motor failed and Toyota bought it back from the dealership...

Comment

Working...
                        X