Handyman Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Handyman Recommendations

Sucking up my pride and admitting that I have a couple projects outside my capabilities. The main one is replacing the door frame around my backdoor. It has rotted out at the bottom. Do we have anyone in the Conroe area that does this kind of work or can I get a recommendation for a reputable company?

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
    Sucking up my pride and admitting that I have a couple projects outside my capabilities. The main one is replacing the door frame around my backdoor. It has rotted out at the bottom. Do we have anyone in the Conroe area that does this kind of work or can I get a recommendation for a reputable company?

Got a picture of what you have going on or what all you need? I’m in tomball and own a general construction company doing remodeling. I may be able to help ya out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
      Got a picture of what you have going on or what all you need? I’m in tomball and own a general construction company doing remodeling. I may be able to help ya out.

Here ya go. I appreciate the response.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

In, as I have the same exact issue and need to find some as well.

I am on the other side of the world from OP though, SW Houston.

Comment

beyond a shadow of a doubt, I would call Carl - 832.691.5165. Text him. He has done work at my business and my house. 100% pro and good price.

Comment

looks to be termite damage so be prepared to dig a little further.

Comment

Easiest and best way, is to replace the whole door with a new jam. I wouldn't try and replace just the jam, alot more work then replacing the whole thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
                looks to be termite damage so be prepared to dig a little further.
                Definitely not the first person to suggest this, but there haven't been any signs of termites. I have seen a single bug nor have I seen any of the mud tunnels they are prone to building. If it is termites, it is old damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
                  Here ya go. I appreciate the response.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I’d suggest a new door, door jamb, and brick molding. It’s more of a pain than anything to try and replace just the jamb itself. It’s a simple job to be honest. Done plenty of them actually. Lol

Comment

Looks like termites to me. Nothing a tube of caulk can't fix. Kidding. Looks like your going to have to replace the door jam and spray for termites. Spray some Termidor for Termite control

Comment

I have heard that handymen are climbing in demand. General public is becoming more busy and less capable of making repairs. I don't mean that in a derogatory way. Any of yall full time handymen? Or is it more you do construction and handyman type stuff here and there?

I'm pretty miserable in my current career. Successful but miserable. Just looking at all the options.

OP, if you think about it and don't mind, pm me what this repair ends of costing you.

Comment

Normal between 4 and 500 for the door and to replace it from what i have seen around houston.

Comment

It’s super easy. Remove the brick molding, cut the fasteners and slide it out. Put the new one in the opening, square everything up and screw in place. Then just replace the molding and your good to go.

Comment

Working...
                          X