6mm creedmoor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6mm creedmoor

I’ve got a Bergara ridge 308 I was thinking about using as a donor to build a 6mm creedmoor. I just want something different that also has the option for factory ammo and the 6cm is easy to find.

Those of you guys who shoot it, what bullet are y’all using for deer and hogs?
    Was wanting to try eld-m, Gamechangers and bergers.

Any barrels that y’all recommend going with ?

Originally posted by kkp005 View Post
    I’ve got a Bergara ridge 308 I was thinking about using as a donor to build a 6mm creedmoor. I just want something different that also has the option for factory ammo and the 6cm is easy to find.

Those of you guys who shoot it, what bullet are y’all using for deer and hogs?
    Was wanting to try eld-m, Gamechangers and bergers.

Any barrels that y’all recommend going with ?
    We have had great success with the 105 hybrids on just about everything we have shot with them. the 108 ELDM does pretty well, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
      We have had great success with the 105 hybrids on just about everything we have shot with them. the 108 ELDM does pretty well, too.
      Sending you a pm

Comment

I shoot the factory hornady eldx 103 gr. It’s fast and flat. I’ve hammered a lot of hogs with them. It has become my all around truck/jeep ranch gun.

Comment

I’ll be breaking in my new 6mm Creedmoor in over the next couple of weeks as time allows. 24” Bartlein barrel (marksman contour) in an MPA Hybrid chassis.

I’ll be testing the the Berger 105 Hybrids, the 109 LRHT, and the Hornady 108 ELDM. I’ll send gun/group pics once I take it out.

Comment

I have two. Both built by crimson accuracy. One I shoot 95gr berger classic hunter and the other I shoot 87 v maxs. Both are hell on coyotes. I use the 95 gr gun for deer and it’s a hammer I’ve shoot deer with it from 100-500. I love. It’s flat shooting and cuts the wind great. Do it. You’ll enjoy it.

Comment

I have a brux and a proof. Bartlein is another good choice

Comment

How far are you guys shooting with this caliber?

Comment

6mm creedmoor

I have a Ruger Predator in 6mm CM with a magpul stock topped with a Vortex Venom. It shot the Hornady 108s really well but wanted better. Worked up a load with the 108s and I think I found it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hoyt21 View Post
                    I have two. Both built by crimson accuracy. One I shoot 95gr berger classic hunter and the other I shoot 87 v maxs. Both are hell on coyotes. I use the 95 gr gun for deer and it’s a hammer I’ve shoot deer with it from 100-500. I love. It’s flat shooting and cuts the wind great. Do it. You’ll enjoy it.
                    How does it do on the varmints? Lots of damage? My favorite varmint gun is a .243 with 68gr bullets. 6mm cm has crossed my mind but I haven’t looked at how light of a bullet you can go with them.

I really wish the .22 creedmoor would pump some factory ammo out and I’d be done.

Comment

How does it do on the varmints? Lots of damage? My favorite varmint gun is a .243 with 68gr bullets. 6mm cm has crossed my mind but I haven’t looked at how light of a bullet you can go with them.

If you’re gonna go light bullets, 243 is better IMO. I hand load 55gr speed rockets @~40000fs, which is hell on anything it contacts!

Comment

I’ve got 3. One proof comp contour steel barrel heavy gun. PRS rig. 26” I’m fixing to start load work on. Been shooting 105 hybrid factory bergers. Will be Handloading 108 ELDMs as well.

Next is a 22” switch barrel built on a TL3. Shooting 108 ELDM factory hornady. Krieger #4

And my daughters is at the smith now. Defiance deviant with an 18” Rock Creek. Will be shooting the 108s as well.

Crimson accuracy built the last 2. First gun was a prefit on an impact 737. Johnnys reamer is stupid accurate.

Good round to 1000+ for targets. Does real well on critters at distance with the 108s. I don’t like the eldx

Comment

Originally posted by kenner27 View Post

I really wish the .22 creedmoor would pump some factory ammo out and I’d be done.
                          It does good I have not complaints. They die right there most times. It can be super aggressive at times as far as exit wounds. You can go as light as a 243 can if you want. They’re both .244. I believe the case capacity is pretty identical with in a couple grains. If I wanted to save fur I’d try a soft point but I really don’t care. All I care about is what happens with frontal shots as I’ve seen many blow ups on chest shots. It breaks them down and is flat shooting. I had a 22 creedmoor for a couple years and it was a ****** gun and did what I needed it to. Killed a doe at 800 with is with a 75 gr eldM. I love the 6cm but I’ve always been a .244 guy as I grew up with a .243. Get one you’ll be happy I love both of mine for what I need here in south Texas. I’ve also shot a Sambar stag with one. Between me and two other tbhers we have 6 -6creedmoors from Johnny and all of them are stupid accurate. If you get one get Johnny to do it his reamer is legit.

Comment

Originally posted by kenner27 View Post

I’ve got a 22 Creed and a 6 Creed. Both have killed piles of animals. I shoot as light as 70 gr Blitz Kings out of my 8 twist 6 CM, but I typically shoot 108 ELDMs for everything. I run 80 ELDMs out of my 22 Creed, and both kill very well. Either one will tear up a coyote on the exit wound. A touch over 3600 with the 70 BKs in a 24 inch 6 Creed, and 3090 with 108 ELDMs in that same rifle. My 22 CM is getting 3440 with the 80s out of a 23” tube and a mild dose of H4350. I’m thinking a 18” 6CM is in my near future pushing 90 ELDXs as fast as I can with a Lapua case and 4350 not worrying about brass or barrel life.
                            Last edited by TX03RUBI; 01-03-2022, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Got a 16.5" barrel 6 CM shooting Factory Hornady 108 ELD match appr. 2650fps. It has killed several pigs and couple yotes from 60-200 yds no problem at all. Everything been down within 5yds except one pig I shot last week that ran 60yds with behind shoulder double lung shot. Chunk of lungs was hanging out of the pig when I walked up on it. Also shot a Mule Deer at 475yds with it. Never took a step. For a Factory round I've been very impressed with it.

Comment

Working...
                              X