Coyote Kill Thread 2022!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coyote Kill Thread 2022!!!!

Time to start a new year and kill some pasture poodles. A cold front is moving in so the coyotes should be moving too. I plan on heading out in the morning and doing some huntin. Hopefully I'll shoot at least one to kick off the new year.

I'd like to dip my toe into predator killing..

Which call do you recommend? I assume a FoxPro model?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Whack'em and stack'em folks

Got my Foxpro out the other day and put fresh batteries in it

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
        I'd like to dip my toe into predator killing..

Which call do you recommend? I assume a FoxPro model?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
        I do like FoxPro but it all depends on how much you're wanting to spend as far as which model you get. I use a pretty basic model which is an Inferno. But I've killed coyotes over all kinds of calls. Johnny Stewart and Lucky Duck makes a quality call as well. They'll all work so it just comes down to what you're looking for in a call as far as price range goes. In my opinion you can't go wrong with any of the ones I mentioned. Doesn't hurt to get a few hand calls and get good with them in case you get on stand and your batteries give up on you.

Comment

Woke up to snow on the ground which is amazing for coyote huntin. Problem is there's wind with it. Which is a predator hunters worst enemy. Stupid bull crap is blowing snow and it makes it even colder. If anyone's ever been to the panhandle of Oklahoma and had felt this wind cut through you,you know what I mean. My fingers feel like a sledge hammer smashed the ends of em. This weather sucks. Coyotes ain't moving in this. They're hunkered down somewhere staying warm.

I'm stupid for being out in it.
          Last edited by okrattler; 01-01-2022, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Oh but when that wind lays….

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
              Oh but when that wind lays….
              Oh yeah then it'll be really good. Seems like before the weather gets bad they move really good,right after or if the wind has kept them bedded down all day they're really moving once it lets up. I'm hoping this evening it'll die down. They'll be everywhere I'm guessin. Saw 7 the other day where I'm gonna go this evening if it lets up some.

We were gonna go to Kansas for the opener of their night season last night but my buddy got sick so we're gonna hold off on that for a bit.
              Last edited by okrattler; 01-01-2022, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Um. I guess I’m number 1,2 and 3
                Attached Files

Comment

I have the FoxPro HammerJack. I used it several times. They answer but don't come in. I'm not sure if I'm using the right sounds. What sounds work best for yall?

Comment

No pic, but got one this morning. #4

Comment

Originally posted by honchogrande2 View Post
                      I have the FoxPro HammerJack. I used it several times. They answer but don't come in. I'm not sure if I'm using the right sounds. What sounds work best for yall?
                      Rabbit in distress or anything really that sounds like an animal dying. During certain times of the year they'll respond to actual coyote sounds. Right now they're more worried about eating than doing anything else.

They always have to eat though. If they're not pressured much you can call them in with distress sounds any time.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                        Rabbit in distress or anything really that sounds like an animal dying. During certain times of the year they'll respond to actual coyote sounds. Right now they're more worried about eating than doing anything else.

They always have to eat though. If they're not pressured much you can call them in with distress sounds any time.

Ok, I was just using coyote sounds. I will try the rabbit in distress.

Comment

5. This one met it's demise this morning.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hoyt21 View Post
                            Um. I guess I’m number 1,2 and 3
                            Show Off!

Comment

Killed two last weekend and my buddy killed one.

Comment

Working...
                              X