Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Littering still a fineable offense?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to have a bottle return law. Pay the extra dime when you buy your drink and you get your dime back when you return the container.

If the container is tossed out someone will pick up that "dime".

Being a long distant cyclist (Washington to Maine) I can tell you how filthy some Americans are.

Comment

This is why no one can ride in my passenger seat. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
        I have a half mile of highway frontage and I have to pick up after those slobs all the time. ****** me off big time too.
        Same with me. Every single weekend during hunting season, empty corn bags, fast food bags, and Styrofoam cups along my fence line and gate.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sharpstick35 View Post
          the problem is catching them when they litter. I have an adopt a highway south of rocksprings and it is atrocious after the season.
          I see them every day...why can't PO (probably too much Paper work)...every thing from Dirty diapers/trash ...in Walmart/HEB parking lot...To tires and used couches and appliances on roadsides,and throwing tires over guardrails on River Bridges..
          Best I ever saw a woman assisting her child semi hidden by car door taking a SH..t .. Child was probably 3-4y in WM parking lot in broad daylight..

I personally don't have problem with Cig Buts...unless there still hot/and capable of starting FIRE...But DONT DO IT PLEASE..........................use ashtray

Comment

Used to write littering tickets all the time and there were no warnings. On base if you received a littering ticket you had to come in on Saturday and Sunday at 0600 and pick up litter along the main road coming into base. Many refused once they got there because of rain or cold. We would call the base Sgt. Major who was the traffic judge and he motivated them to get out there and let them know they would be back again the next weekend. If we didn't have any litterers to pick up the trash we had to do it so there was motivation for us to write the tickets.

I have a long frontage and have to pick up my share of trash in the ditch. If you are going to throw out your beer can or bottle in my yard at least make it a decent brand of beer.

Comment

I gave up on confronting strangers over littering. You think you are going to change their way of thinking over a couple sharp harshly worded sentences? I just focus now on teaching my kids, family and close friends as well as always leaving any place i go cleaner than when i arrived. which means cleaning up after a lot of peoplr. Its a rewarding feeling in itself.

Comment

Originally posted by warrington View Post
                Is there still a law against littering?
                Anyone ever known anyone that received one?
                Is thumping out cigarette butts out the window or crushing them out on the ground littering?
                Is throwing out cans littering if someone can pick them up and sell them?
                Is throwing out food littering if it can decompose?

Tuesday afternoon Brain Fog questions.
                Yes littering is still against the law. Its on my short list of you get a ticket period, every time, zero tolerance, laws. I can't stand people who litter and will ticket them every time I see it.

Comment

I followed a woman into a HEB a while back that tossed her cigarette out at the door. She was not impressed when I handed it back to her about 10 yards into the store.

Sad part was she could've deviated her course by 5 feet and put the butt in one of those huge containers designed for them.

Comment

Just stopped at HEB. Parking lot littered with old masks.....

Comment

We get constant flow of littering, people's trash blown into our fences, and animals dumped.

Saw a guy drive down our gravel rd and didn't belong around here, I quickly jumped on UTV and pulled up behind him as he is in the side door of his van. I couldn't see that he had dumped anything. He was forced to back out and I drove around and checked it all out, couldn't find anything. That evening driving by I saw a cat and several kittens coming out of a culvert. We pulled trail camera card and have the same cats laying in the dash of the van with plate numbers. Never did call it in and kick myself for not. Just figured the law had more important things to worry about. Kittens now have a full time job and a home in the shop.

Comment

Originally posted by CWendling View Post
                        Youd prefer that it was legal to drink and drive?
                        I do. Drunk driving? No. But having a beer on the ride home isn't any more dangerous than a cigarette, cell phone, or a big gulp.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                          I do. Drunk driving? No. But having a beer on the ride home isn't any more dangerous than a cigarette, cell phone, or a big gulp.

Problem is, most are doing all of the above. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Youd prefer that it was legal to drink and drive?
                            I do. If you get stopped either you’re drunk enough to get hauled in or you’re not. Has the open container law ended people getting a dui? I’d rather have the drunks keeping their booze containers inside their vehicles instead of me having to pick them up.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              This is exactly why I burn all of mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              And that a Federal Clean Air Act violation if its a plastic bag, lol. When I worked as a patrol officer I loved writing tickets for tossed out cigarettes.

Comment

I thought you were talking about me until the fire marshall part ha.I cant even imagine how many of those things we had to pick up walking shoulder to shoulder around the barracks.
                                Its even worse when you walk up to the window and ask them to put the cigarette out or blow their smoke the other way and they toss it past you or at your feet.

Ive found that of all the tickets Ive written, Ive gotten the most complaints to my sgts for writing 'littering'. But I still do it and I still will
                                The PX and NCO clubs were the worst to "police."
                                Last edited by Bluesman; 01-26-2022, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X