Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
    You got many things right in your post.

As for the gentleman who narrowly avoided a murder charge, I did not say it to be confrontational. I was pointing out that in the heat of the moment he ended up making a decision that could have had drastic consequences on the course of his life had he chose the opposite. I've done many many stupid things I've come to regret in hindsight.

As for the remainder of my posts on this thread, I disagree with you about confronting/correcting people unnecessarily. I guess it's not "necessary" to call out the racism that people often display on this forum, even if it is subtle and only implied. Note post #5 on this thread where I decried the actions of the thief and the handling by the store. After that most of my posts were related to people who were encouraging the employee who was terminated to sue, many of whom I would be willing to wager are the same folks that would be quick to denounce a lawsuit they disagreed with as us living in a snowflake society.

I have always enjoyed playing devil's advocate and I can definitely see how that makes me look like an *******, hell maybe it actually does make me *******. That said, I think I am willing to call out either side of the aisle when they say something I disagree with and it's humorous how many here will immediately label someone a liberal at the first sign of dissent.
    Most label you liberal for your liberal views, not your "dissent". Not understanding the difference is where you stray.
    And your statement of "I enjoy being the devils advocate" brings to question your intention of simply being a contrarian. Maybe an ******* as well. Heck maybe you're both? But I lean towards contrarian. And rarely does anyone like a contrarian simply because they offer little value to a conversation.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
      Most label you liberal for your liberal views, not your "dissent". Not understanding the difference is where you stray.
      And your statement of "I enjoy being the devils advocate" brings to question your intention of simply being a contrarian. Maybe an ******* as well. Heck maybe you're both? But I lean towards contrarian. And rarely does anyone like a contrarian simply because they offer little value to a conversation.

Fair enough, but what liberal views are you speaking of? Not saying I don’t have any, I identify as Libertarian or classical liberalism, I certainly have some views that are left leaning but don’t believe I share them here very often. You have to admit that it’s difficult having a contrary view on this forum, with so much of the user base falling into the same class and sharing the same religious and political views as soon as you disagree with something there’s a mob against you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Jake, you can't lay this on the present God fearing man and him throwing in the towel. It's all on the people with no morals. I'm talking about the erosion of society over time. The only thing that is different now, than say 40 years ago, I would argue, is the slowly dwindling presence of God in our society. Our country was founded on biblical principals. It doesn't matter if your a believer or atheist, the moral decay of mankind in this country is the problem.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm an arms dealer...
          That explains the volume of guns you have for sale in the classifieds.

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
            Jake, you can't lay this on the present God fearing man and him throwing in the towel. It's all on the people with no morals. I'm talking about the erosion of society over time. The only thing that is different now, than say 40 years ago, I would argue, is the slowly dwindling presence of God in our society. Our country was founded on biblical principals. It doesn't matter if your a believer or atheist, the moral decay of mankind in this country is the problem.

So true!

Comment

Incident at Academy

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post

I agree with you on all counts. I wasn’t here 40 years ago, but the attitude of this country reflects its leadership to a T. Unfortunately, God fearing people aren’t nearly as prominent in society as they were 40 years ago I’d imagine. And it’s the God fearing man that tries to do the “right” thing at every turn. For that, he gets **** on and chastised by those people with no sense of right and wrong. I would argue that the brazen nature of criminals in today’s society is another difference from 40 years ago. There is no sense of fear of punishment for their actions, whether on this earth or eternally.

Comment

You got many things right in your post.

As for the gentleman who narrowly avoided a murder charge, I did not say it to be confrontational. I was pointing out that in the heat of the moment he ended up making a decision that could have had drastic consequences on the course of his life had he chose the opposite. I've done many many stupid things I've come to regret in hindsight.

As for the remainder of my posts on this thread, I disagree with you about confronting/correcting people unnecessarily. I guess it's not "necessary" to call out the racism that people often display on this forum, even if it is subtle and only implied. Note post #5 on this thread where I decried the actions of the thief and the handling by the store. After that most of my posts were related to people who were encouraging the employee who was terminated to sue, many of whom I would be willing to wager are the same folks that would be quick to denounce a lawsuit they disagreed with as us living in a snowflake society.

I have always enjoyed playing devil's advocate and I can definitely see how that makes me look like an *******, hell maybe it actually does make me *******. That said, I think I am willing to call out either side of the aisle when they say something I disagree with and it's humorous how many here will immediately label someone a liberal at the first sign of dissent.
                I'm wired the same way on enjoying a good debate for the sport of it, and I dang sure don't get it right all the time...but the presentation is just as critical as the content in the effectiveness of your argument sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
                  I agree with you on all counts. I wasn’t here 40 years ago, but the attitude of this country reflects its leadership to a T. Unfortunately, God fearing people aren’t nearly as prominent in society as they were 40 years ago I’d imagine. And it’s the God fearing man that tries to do the “right” thing at every turn. For that, he gets **** on and chastised by those people with no sense of right and wrong. I would argue that the brazen nature of criminals in today’s society is another difference from 40 years ago. There is no sense of fear of punishment for their actions, whether on this earth or eternally.
                  Spot on

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
                    That explains the volume of guns you have for sale in the classifieds.

Not sure if this was supposed to be a dig or just an observation you felt like sharing. I don’t think it’s ever been a secret that I’m an FFL and I buy guns to resell, at least I don’t make up fake stories about how I need to sell the 5 brand new guns I just bought so I can buy the one I really want now like so many others who flip guns here. I also do it legally, and pay taxes on the profits. I’ve attempted several times to get an associate sponsorship but when Mary eventually reached out to me I was told they won’t offer associate sponsorships to anyone who sells firearms or firearm related products because of possible competition with a full paying sponsor. I didn’t necessarily agree but I don’t run the site so it didn’t matter, I immediately stopped listing any guns or scopes that I acquired through my business. I’ve done many deals on this forum and pride myself on them all being honest and fair, I only listed things that I thought I could price competitively compared to what I could sell them for on Gunbroker. Maybe one day I’ll cough up and become a sponsor but at the moment the cost is not enough to outweigh the outlay.

Comment

Not sure if this was supposed to be a dig or just an observation you felt like sharing. I don’t think it’s ever been a secret that I’m an FFL and I buy guns to resell, at least I don’t make up fake stories about how I need to sell the 5 brand new guns I just bought so I can buy the one I really want now like so many others who flip guns here. I also do it legally, and pay taxes on the profits. I’ve attempted several times to get an associate sponsorship but when Mary eventually reached out to me I was told they won’t offer associate sponsorships to anyone who sells firearms or firearm related products because of possible competition with a full paying sponsor. I didn’t necessarily agree but I don’t run the site so it didn’t matter, I immediately stopped listing any guns or scopes that I acquired through my business. I’ve done many deals on this forum and pride myself on them all being honest and fair, I only listed things that I thought I could price competitively compared to what I could sell them for on Gunbroker. Maybe one day I’ll cough up and become a sponsor but at the moment the cost is not enough to outweigh the outlay.

Seems maybe it’s time you move on then

Comment

Hot dang I had to go back to the OP to remember what we're supposed to be discussing.

According to a source close to the situation, an Academy Sports + Outdoors employee at the center of a recent viral video has been terminated.

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
                          A healthy fear of God keeps an honest, spiritual man in check. Unfortunately, fearing God doesn’t pay the bills for the people getting looted, stolen from, businesses burned down.

What does it say for the USA when we have situations every single day where wrong is gaining over right? Where thieves are prospering and honest God fearing men are bowing to the likes of evil for fear of reprimand? Where people that protect themselves and theirs are being labeled as racists, bigots, and privileged? Where you have to let a thief walk out the door because you can’t stop them because they won’t be prosecuted? Where certain populations of people think it’s their right to take from people with more?

We have nerfed our society to the point where the standard is set. We have no stopping power anymore because we are afraid of the negative press it would cause.

If we cut the hands off thieves in this country we would be better off. I’m all for brutal consequences for criminal actions, and I always have been. It wouldn’t change how I live one bit if they made theft, arson, child abuse, pedophilia, rape, looting, or some other crimes a hanging offense. Why? Because I was raised right and wouldn’t do those things even if I was guaranteed that I wouldn’t be punished. Unfortunately again, it seems like I’m in the minority these days in that as well.
                          I'm glad I read through all the bickering back and forth to find you post, sir. Thank you!

Comment

Fair enough, but what liberal views are you speaking of? Not saying I don’t have any, I identify as Libertarian or classical liberalism, I certainly have some views that are left leaning but don’t believe I share them here very often. You have to admit that it’s difficult having a contrary view on this forum, with so much of the user base falling into the same class and sharing the same religious and political views as soon as you disagree with something there’s a mob against you.

Well you accused everyone of labeling you as a liberal at somply the first sign of dissent. I was pointing out that you are assuming it was because of dissent. I'm disagreeing with that. I'm saying maybe it's because of your liberal views instead. You just admitted you're more liberal than anything else. Why would we label you anything else? Could it be we're actually smart enough to see the evidence you're providing and come to an actual conclusion based on that? And even an accurate one. No we're too stupid, right?
                            To me it's another classic left mindset to want to see everything as it will fit your needs instead of as it really exhists. You're liberal. We call you liberal. But you can't accept that we use logic and intelligence to reach that conclusion. You have to insist it's just an automatic response to opposition. Otherwise we may not be stupid which then makes it harder for you to remain the smartest guy in the room like you think you are.
                            If you find so much adversity to your posts and ideals, what keeps you here other than to be contrary? I mean do you think you're going to change someone's mind on here? You've been attempting that long enough that even you must know it ain't happening.
                            I said on another thread, my ideals and beliefs have been developed, ingrained and long standing since I was a child. It will take way more evidence than you've ever come close to providing to sway them. I believe most on here are the same.
                            I think you've even said as much yourself. So do you continue to play devils advocate because you enjoy being the opposition? Is it an ego thing to be an underdog standing against the masses? Hmmm.
                            As far as liberal views. The most obvious from this thread is that you think we should put company policies above right and wrong. The thief should have been left alone because the store had a policy to do so. My conservative belief, hell my moral belief says a thief should be dealt with and not allowed to walk out of a store and on with their life with the merchandise in hand. A company used to commend an employee for such an act. Now not so much. That's where a conservative view draws the line. We still uphold the laws of right and wrong as the most supreme and should be upheld and dealt with no matter the cost. Otherwise the cost against the ethics and moral substance of this country will be and already has been disastrous. We're seeing the evidence of that now with this very incident. This is happening across the country daily.
                            I get it that the company doesn't want to be sued and is looking out for the employees safety. They are misled. The current policies are causing them all more harm than good in the long run. It has to stop or we're doomed. There was a time when right and wrong were top priority and criminal activity was handled with severe consequences. That's how I grew up and what kept me on the straight and narrow, for the most part. If we keep ignoring poor behavior, or in many cases such as this one, rewarding it, this incident is just the tip of the iceberg.
                            And accusing Dale of not doing anything about it. Hell what he stated he's doing is exactly what every American father, husband, employer should be doing. What more do you reccomend? I haven't seen you post anything other than accusations that others aren't doing anything.
                            Where's your stand taking place?

Last edited by rolylane6; 01-25-2022, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                              Hot dang I had to go back to the OP to remember what we're supposed to be discussing.

https://999ktdy.com/disabled-veteran...rate-customer/
                              It's a dead horse beat down now

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
                                Well you accused everyone of labeling you as a liberal at somply the first sign of dissent. I was pointing out that you are assuming it was because of dissent. I'm disagreeing with that. I'm saying maybe it's because of your liberal views instead. You just admitted you're more liberal than anything else. Why would we label you anything else? Could it be we're actually smart enough to see the evidence you're providing and come to an actual conclusion based on that? And even an accurate one. No we're too stupid, right?
                                To me it's another classic left mindset to want to see everything as it will fit your needs instead of as it really exhists. You're liberal. We call you liberal. But you can't accept that we use logic and intelligence to reach that conclusion. You have to insist it's just an automatic response to opposition. Otherwise we may not be stupid which then makes it harder for you to remain the smartest guy in the room like you think you are.
                                If you find so much adversity to your posts and ideals, what keeps you here other than to be contrary? I mean do you think you're going to change someone's mind on here? You've been attempting that long enough that even you must know it ain't happening.
                                I said on another thread, my ideals and beliefs have been developed, ingrained and long standing since I was a child. It will take way more evidence than you've ever come close to providing to sway them. I believe most on here are the same.
                                I think you've even said as much yourself. So do you continue to play devils advocate because you enjoy being the opposition? Is it an ego thing to be an underdog standing against the masses? Hmmm.
                                As far as liberal views. The most obvious from this thread is that you think we should put company policies above right and wrong. The thief should have been left alone because the store had a policy to do so. My conservative belief, hell my moral belief says a thief should be dealt with and not allowed to walk out of a store and on with their life with the merchandise in hand. A company used to commend an employee for such an act. Now not so much. That's where a conservative view draws the line. We still uphold the laws of right and wrong as the most supreme and should be upheld and dealt with no matter the cost. Otherwise the cost against the ethics and moral substance of this country will be and already has been disastrous. We're seeing the evidence of that now with this very incident. This is happening across the country daily.
                                I get it that the company doesn't want to be sued and is looking out for the employees safety. They are misled. The current policies are causing them all more harm than good in the long run. It has to stop or we're doomed. There was a time when right and wrong were top priority and criminal activity was handled with severe consequences. That's how I grew up and what kept me on the straight and narrow, for the most part. If we keep ignoring poor behavior, or in many cases such as this one, rewarding it, this incident is just the tip of the iceberg.
                                And accusing Dale of not doing anything about it. Hell what he stated he's doing is exactly what every American father, husband, employer should be doing. What more do you reccomend? I haven't seen you post anything other than accusations that others aren't doing anything.
                                Where's your stand taking place?

SPOT ON!

Comment

Working...
                                X