No announcement yet.

Fun with PVC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depends on what the well is doing and pump size, mine is around 42 GPM and the main line to the tank is 4 inch with 4 inch ball, my well guy put the smaller valves on the side discharge so I would have enough pressure if I went with a smaller line to big gun sprinklers. But honestly that one I just put a threaded 4 inch connection and hook up blue lay flat. I feather almost fully shut and the sprinkler guns has a 35 foot reach. Been doing it for years.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
      tell me again how many water main leaks your brother has had at this house...
      LMAO did you see the trench work? I was given a pre painted canvas!

Comment

Originally posted by npe001 View Post
        LMAO did you see the trench work? I was given a pre painted canvas!
        no, but I did hear the story from the 'operator' as to why all those unnecessary fittings got put in

Comment

No more than we're looking at, I cut it off at the ground and start completely over with everything you want if youre worried about about a leak
          Bam

Comment

Originally posted by John Paul View Post
            Depends on what the well is doing and pump size, mine is around 42 GPM and the main line to the tank is 4 inch with 4 inch ball, my well guy put the smaller valves on the side discharge so I would have enough pressure if I went with a smaller line to big gun sprinklers. But honestly that one I just put a threaded 4 inch connection and hook up blue lay flat. I feather almost fully shut and the sprinkler guns has a 35 foot reach. Been doing it for years.
            I bought a roll of that 2", 450', 21 PSI, Toro Blue Stripe® Oval Hose but have never unrolled it. is it pretty good stuff? is it flexible enough not to put too much pressure on the pump? It is 2" and the well pipe is 1 1/4 so i figured there would be some extra pressure relief.

Comment

no, but I did hear the story from the 'operator' as to why all those unnecessary fittings got put in
              Hahaha! what a nightmare.

Comment

Yeah that should work, if you have further concern drill and tap further back and put in a PSI gauge. My well guy said the pump would handle over 50 PSI of back pressure but, I never had a problem so I never put a gauge on it and if I do I won't go all the way to 50PSI especially with 42 GPM. LOL

Side note, went on line to northern and bought a little 2x3 hose real trailer to pull behind my golf cart. when not in use it get rolled up and pulled to the barn.

Comment

tell me again how many water main leaks your brother has had at this house...
                  Absolutely no help to this thread, but is there a back store to this???

Comment

No more than we're looking at, I cut it off at the ground and start completely over with everything you want if youre worried about about a leak
                    x2 keep it simple.

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
                      Absolutely no help to this thread, but is there a back store to this???
                      Oh yes.

Npe has 23 brothers. Like most they, well at least 2 of them like to do stuff themselves to save money.

One brother buys some land to build a house. The house is about 200 +/- off the road. Plumber comes out and says one beelion dollars to run water. Brother #1 says **** that it's just pipe and rents a trencher.

Over the course of running a trencher he finds trees, roots etc and turns the trench as to not hurt the tree. He tells me a tracked trencher won't go straight. Gotta have wheels. Well not really but it's his trench.

Npe comes along with the pipe and finds a spaghetti noodle of a trench and figures sure, why not. Let's go get 14 cases of 45s and 22 1/2s and get to work.

Run the pipe cover the ditch water flows. For a little while. During a drought we got this really green grass over there. And over there and here.....and so on and so forth

I think they ran a completely new pipe but I could be wrong.

Disclaimer...I was not a part of this and npe like his brother is a solid dude but i got quite a few laughs over the pipe saga. And he really dont have 23 brothers

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

How I'd do it. Id also put a union before the tee. Use Christy's red hot glue.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1643044601-picsay.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	338.7 KB
ID:	24674747
                        Last edited by slacker; 01-27-2022, 11:31 AM.

Comment

pvc

Ended up doing it the easy way. just hope the lay flat 2" hose doesn't put too much pressure on my well pump. I didn't try it today. Will try it tomorrow afternoon.
                          Attached Files

Comment

You better put something under that horizontal new line. That's too much unsupported plastic sticking out between it and the ground by the time you add the lay-flat and fill everything with water... The lay-flat will not add any support. You're right, you did it the "easy" way...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                              You better put something under that horizontal new line. That's too much unsupported plastic sticking out between it and the ground by the time you add the lay-flat and fill everything with water... The lay-flat will not add any support. You're right, you did it the "easy" way...
                              You cant really tell from the picture but that new line is coming out at a 45 degree angle pointing downward. I did also add a little more support when i attached the hose.

Comment

Oh yes.

Npe has 23 brothers. Like most they, well at least 2 of them like to do stuff themselves to save money.

One brother buys some land to build a house. The house is about 200 +/- off the road. Plumber comes out and says one beelion dollars to run water. Brother #1 says **** that it's just pipe and rents a trencher.

Over the course of running a trencher he finds trees, roots etc and turns the trench as to not hurt the tree. He tells me a tracked trencher won't go straight. Gotta have wheels. Well not really but it's his trench.

Npe comes along with the pipe and finds a spaghetti noodle of a trench and figures sure, why not. Let's go get 14 cases of 45s and 22 1/2s and get to work.

Run the pipe cover the ditch water flows. For a little while. During a drought we got this really green grass over there. And over there and here.....and so on and so forth

I think they ran a completely new pipe but I could be wrong.

Disclaimer...I was not a part of this and npe like his brother is a solid dude but i got quite a few laughs over the pipe saga. And he really dont have 23 brothers

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                                Hahaha Shane nailed it on this one except the new pipe thing. I think it was just couple spots that were fixed but They should have replaced it all lol

Comment

Working...
                                X