Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by junior View Post
    Maybe so, if so I didn't catch it
    I think he was joking also and to be FAIR, he did say "most people HE knows....". No reference to those in this thread.

A buddy of mines son is allergic. He now takes some pill once per month I believe but I don't know what it is. He can have quicker interaction with the hair with no issues like before.

As for the dog handler that can't help afterwards, never heard of an allergy to deer horns before. Grab one antler and pull

Comment

A guy on our lease is allergic. Has to wear gloves and safety glasses or he swells up from the dander.

Comment

We have a friend that is allergic to deer hair. He loves to hunt but as soon as he handles the deer he starts sneezing uncontrollably.

Comment

I have a friend that owns a place near Junction......allergic to deer dander. He can clean hogs, black buck, axis, etc with no problems. White-tail.....guy breaks out in hives and has to go the ER.

Comment

I think Burnadell is, seriously, no joke.

Comment

I’m allergic to something in their hair. I’ve always swollen up or sneezed camp up after cleaning them. Doesn’t stop me as I go about my business as usual. Take a Benadryl shortly after cleaning and I’m good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post
                I think Burnadell is, seriously, no joke.
                You remember and are correct!

In the early 1980's, I realized that every time I got back from hunting, my eyes would swell, and I would have asthmatic-type breathing problems. I went to my doctor, and said I was allergic to deer dander. I had no idea there was such a thing. He gave me a prescription for Benadryl. That was before you could buy it over the counter.

I would then just pop a Benadryl before I started cleaning a deer. Then I started wearing rubber gloves, which help a lot. Lately, I have noticed that the reactions are almost nil.

Comment

That chick in your avatar is allergic as well. She shouldn’t sit on deer after she’s killed them. Makes her *** swell up!

Comment

Txag probably hadn't popped that seal on his Benadryl in a few years. Unless he's dressing someone else's kills. Lol

Comment

I am. No biggie. I can drag em, gut em, skin em, etc. Doesn't effect my hands much, but if I brush my arms on them it will itch and get bumps. Just get it done then wash up and change clothes. Sometimes they can make me sneeze, but anyone that knows me knows that's not out of the norm. Lol

Comment

I am somewhat. I get waterblisters on my hands after handling deer.

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
                          not sure how this applies to this thread? She's a junior in high school and ranked 2nd in her class. Not sure how that relates to being allergic to work? Seems like she's working pretty dang hard to me
                          obviously gets the brains from her momma!

Comment

I do if were working numerous deer, a shower knocks it out.

Comment

Originally posted by bullhead44 View Post
                              obviously gets the brains from her momma!

You know me too well!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

One of my buddies works at a deer processor.He's allergic to deer hair/dander,lol

Comment

Working...
                                X