No announcement yet.

2021-2022 Duck Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hoping to sneak in a hunt tomorrow morning up near dallas. Were seeing lots of teal and some pintail before this cold but imagine they meandered on south after this.

Below freezing starting at 10-11pm and then down to 23-24 by 7am sounds like some ice breaking will be occurring. That doesn't happen to often down here in the Marsh lol

Good luck to everyone this weekend.

Comment

I imagine the shorelines will be frozen up here in the morning. I had ice trying to start last Sunday morning after I got set up, during the first few hours. Won't take long for boat ramp to get slick, if there's a crowd.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Good Luck to Everyone this weekend! Getting close to the end, Gonna run hard all next week.

Comment

The same to you, Dave. And to everbody else here.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

I am going to give them hell this weekend and next. Let’s go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Our outlook looks pretty bleak for the morning but we're gonna send it anyways.

Good luck everyone!

Comment

Fishing this weekend and headed to SW Ark next weekend. That will make 3 trips this year! I might turn into a duck hunter again if the crappie ever quit biting!

Comment

We had a great morning hunting ducks with our buddy, Adam Dobbins, today. LOADS of pintails - feet down, bombing into the decoys. It was COLD too. Millie toughed it out and retrieved all the birds for us, even though there was ice around the edge of the water and icicles in her hair. Most of the ponds were frozen over. This one is deeper, so it was open. We didn't limit, because mostly we just saw pintail. If you could shoot 6 of those, we could have had a 4-man. Widgeon didn't show up today. Pond was full of them yesterday when Adam scouted.

Comment

Great job. Been a long time since I got on any pintails!! All our farm ponds are froze up by the house so took the day off and worked on the boat. I was gonna take it out, but the creek where we hunt was froze up too!

Skooter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Birds finally showed up in North Texas. Had 5 man limit by 8 this morning. Great mixed bag of Mallard, Teal, Pintail, Gadwall, Wigeon, Wood Duck and Spoonie kickers.

Comment

We had a good hunt today. My son, DRoebuck & me shot limits. THANKS again Donnie for the invite to your place!!

Pic of my birds. Didn't want to scare anyone with my ugly mug. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                          We had a good hunt today. My son, DRoebuck & me shot limits. THANKS again Donnie for the invite to your place!!

Those are some beauties David! Congrats!
                          Last edited by unclefish; 01-22-2022, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Had a good gadwall shoot with some teal and pintail to finish off the limits.
                            One tired pup from breaking ice this morning. She’s warming up to get back at em again tomorrow
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post

Anytime David, it was a fun hunt.

Comment

Well my hunt fell through because all the birds left with this cold weather.

Glad to see some people hammering them!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X