Black Eagle Rampage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Eagle Rampage

I got a couple Black Eagle Rampage arrows with my new bow and I had never heard anything about them. They have a 50 grain outsert and they seem to be a great flying arrow. I normally shoot an FMJ and I mostly hunt pigs with a whitetail or mule deer here and there. 30-40 yards max.

I shoot a 29.5 inch draw and 100 grain broadhead out of a 250 spine arrow on my 75 lb matthews.

I can’t find a lot on these arrows other than an occasional user on here chiming in they are good arrows.

Would this arrow get through the biggest pigs 200-300lbs ? I never had problems with my FMJs. So far I’m impressed with how accurate they are. Just wondering how they will do with Mega Pig.

Black Eagle Rampage

75 pounds at 29.5” of draw length will get a tooth pick through a big pig.

Seriously, they are good arrows but are overshadowed by the newer Spartan that’s essentially the same diameter and uses a conventional insert system.

[emoji1662]

Comment

Good question. This is what I shoot, albeit I don't get to shoot as often as I would like. I would feel confident t in the setup. I have a 28.5" dl and shooting 70 lbs. I also went with the 250s because of the overall weight is 623 gr. They fly fantastic... 125 gr broadhead with 4 fletch and ethics archery 145 gr spinning insert. Really good arrow!

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Comment

I just went to BE rampages this year from shooting carbon express the last 12 years. I have been happy with them. Killed one deer so far this season so I don’t have much killing experience with them.

My set up is a bowtech solution at 29” and 70lbs. I’m shooting 300’s with the 100 gr FOCOS outsert and 100 gr heads. Comes in at 475 gr total weight. I wouldn’t hesitate to shoot at a big hog with this set up especially with a quality fixed blade screwed on.

Comment

Black eagle

Im not a fan of rampage arrows.. I broke 7 this year. This one broke on impact on a good size pigs leg.. I found chunks of bone on the blood trail.. no recovery.
          Attached Files

Comment

Yikes

Comment

what will 75lb of thrust not go thru?

Comment

My number one criteria is structural integrity.. if an arrow blows up on impact it doesn't matter if you make it 1000 grains it's not gonna kill.. I've shot Elk ,deer Large hogs with 450 grain arrow out of my 74 lb bow and had no problems getting pass throughs. Even hard quartering away where the arrow came out the opposite shoulder blade.. Sirius Apollos are decent Easton Axis are tough too..

Comment

Been shooting rampages for 2 years now. Taken a few hogs and 1 buck no issues. Not sure how the one fellow is having his rampages break unless he isn't getting penetration and I don't know an root that won't break by an animals leg running

I shoot a 560 gr arrow so far pass throughs

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
                    Been shooting rampages for 2 years now. Taken a few hogs and 1 buck no issues. Not sure how the one fellow is having his rampages break unless he isn't getting penetration and I don't know an root that won't break by an animals leg running

I shoot a 560 gr arrow so far pass throughs
                    I have 4 out of a dozen left . I've killed 16 animals this year so far. I usually have to look for my arrows 10 to 15 yards past where the animals are standing.. I'm not sure how adding weight would solve the issue of a thin walled arrow .

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
                      I have 4 out of a dozen left . I've killed 16 animals this year so far. I usually have to look for my arrows 10 to 15 yards past where the animals are standing.. I'm not sure how adding weight would solve the issue of a thin walled arrow .
                      Are you using the half out or a insert/collar system? I’ve seen axis crack when using just HIT system but never like that

For the record, haven’t had that happen with the Spartans.
                      Last edited by kd350; 01-14-2022, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
                        Are you using the half out or a insert/collar system? I’ve seen axis crack when using just HIT system but never like that

For the record, haven’t had that happen with the Spartans.
                        That one was with the half out with 2 screw in weights insert is about 2 inches long . However that's 8 inches up the arrow. The arrow made a thud and fell to the ground .
                        I've had brass inserts without a collar break the end of the axis from side pressure on a hard quartering shot.. I know there’s not a arrow made that won't break but that was a 10 yard direct hit . The arrow splintered.
                        Spartans are thicker walled correct ?
                        Last edited by jds247; 01-14-2022, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
                          That one was with the half out with 2 screw in weights insert is about 2 inches long . However that's 8 inches up the arrow. The arrow made a thud and fell to the ground .
                          I've had brass inserts without a collar break the end of the axis from side pressure on a hard quartering shot.. I know there’s not a arrow made that won't break but that was a 10 yard direct hit . The arrow splintered.
                          Spartans are thicker walled correct ?
                          Yes sir. Using a standard insert and having a nock bushing beef it up as well, a bit heavier gpi doesn’t hurt either

I’ll look for the pictures, but I shot a pig a couple years ago right at first light and ended up hitting both knuckles, broke them and the front of the arrow was fine, only part that broke was the parts that her legs hit. (Broke into 3 pieces)

Comment

Yes sir. Using a standard insert and having a nock bushing beef it up as well, a bit heavier gpi doesn’t hurt either

I’ll look for the pictures, but I shot a pig a couple years ago right at first light and ended up hitting both knuckles, broke them and the front of the arrow was fine, only part that broke was the parts that her legs hit. (Broke into 3 pieces)

The only “failure” on the front of the arrow was the insert slipped. But on such a hard impact shot, something’s gotta give

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0688.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	584.9 KB
ID:	24674091

Name:	IMG_0691.jpg
Size:	500.2 KB
ID:	24674092

Name:	IMG_0693.jpg
Size:	308.1 KB
ID:	24674093

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

The only “failure” on the front of the arrow was the insert slipped. But on such a hard impact shot, something’s gotta give

[ATTACH]1077221[/ATTACH]
                              [ATTACH]1077222[/ATTACH]
                              [ATTACH]1077223[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                              I feel like I would have pushed through that bone had the arrow held up . I've made the same shot with Apollos and axis without issue. Animals snapping an arrow falling or running happens. It's impossible to prevent.. I'll give the Spartans a look next time I'm at the bow shop.
                              I would say that's probably the first catastrophic failure I've had on an arrow. I've had several just break from animals running or hitting the feeder etc..
                              Last edited by jds247; 01-14-2022, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X