2019 F250 code p00bd (Air flow sensor)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2019 F250 code p00bd (Air flow sensor)

Just had this code pop up and going to pop the hood today to try and see if I can find any physical damage. From briefly reading online it seems that it typically is because of damage to the intake system itself causing excess air rather then a issue with the sensor itself. Looks like a good chunk of people use this opportunity to go ahead and switch to a K&N or S&B intake rather then repairing it with stock parts.

Anyone run into this issue? Other Solutions or replace with stock? Those that have put in a new air intake (regardless of this code or not) how to you like it?

Thank you

Bump.

Comment

My 2017 F-250 has the full GDP piping kit on it. I bought the truck here and it was on it already but I have no complaints at all.

Comment

I have a 2015 F-350. My check engine light was on, air flow issue. They hooked up a computer and said there was an update needed. That cleared the issue. I still don’t know what caused it but that was 4 months ago and all is good.

Comment

I installed the S&B intake on my ‘19 two years ago. No complaints, just have to remember to keep my filter clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had that issue pop up once in my 17’ 350 after swapping air filters. I had somehow managed to knock the sensor loose while swapping them. Climbed under the hood, and made sure it was plugged in. It wasn’t all the way and I clicked it back in. Code gone. Worth a try!

Comment

Be careful and don't over oil a K&N. The oil will jack up the MAF sensor.

Comment

Probably a MAF sensor. Clean it with computer keyboard cleaner and truck should reset after a few days

Comment

Wanted to send a update.

Was doing some googlefu and one of the things I stumble on was this video and sure enough this was my exact issue but my cracks we on the side of the hose so a little harder to find.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGboT9N9ef0"]**STOP** DO NOT REPLACE YOUR MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR | Eng.-light ON | 2017-19 Ford F250 F350 F450 F550 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                  X