Which brand of Metal Carport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which brand of Metal Carport

I'm looking for a metal carport to store my boat. What brands/styles have worked best for those of you that have them? I'm about an hour west of Houston. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Don't bother looking until you get a price or two. They're up about 400% over the last 5 years. Quote for mine was just shy of $6k You can get one smaller without sides to ground or a back and get it somewhat cheaper.

Comment

Only thing I can advice on is to get the type with the tin running so the rain runs directly off versus having the groves on the tin run perpendicular to the roof pitch. Hope this makes sense.

I got one that was included with my home purchase. It has the tin running sideway as compared to roof pitch. Water run off sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
        Don't bother looking until you get a price or two. They're up about 400% over the last 5 years. Quote for mine was just shy of $6k You can get one smaller without sides to ground or a back and get it somewhat cheaper.
        That sounds mighty steep! What size did you have quoted?

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
          Only thing I can advice on is to get the type with the tin running so the rain runs directly off versus having the groves on the tin run perpendicular to the roof pitch. Hope this makes sense.

I got one that was included with my home purchase. It has the tin running sideway as compared to roof pitch. Water run off sucks.
          I'll keep that in mind. I think they call that a vertical style roof and they are a fair amount more. Thanks!

Comment

Personally I’d build it myself instead of a kid. They aren’t hard at all, and the most you need is a set of shears, a level, and a screw gun for the actual carport. Post diggers and a wheel barrow will be handy depending on how you want to set it.

Comment

Alan’s or Winslow

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                Personally I’d build it myself instead of a kid. They aren’t hard at all, and the most you need is a set of shears, a level, and a screw gun for the actual carport. Post diggers and a wheel barrow will be handy depending on how you want to set it.
                I've thought about this, but I really don't have time to do it and I've been told that you really can't do it much cheaper if you have to buy all the materials. In your experience do you think I could save significant money by doing it myself?

Comment

Safeguard Metal Buildings, Troy, TX.

Comment

Originally posted by Boss Buck View Post
                    Alan’s or Winslow
                    I've looked at Alan's and will check out Winslow. Thanks for the suggestions!!

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
                      I've thought about this, but I really don't have time to do it and I've been told that you really can't do it much cheaper if you have to buy all the materials. In your experience do you think I could save significant money by doing it myself?
                      I just got a price for materials for a 20x30 car port which came out to 2k. 4x4 tubing, channel receiver, c purlins, r panel for the roof and you're in business.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Infinity carports had the best price when i looked.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post

The building gets rigidity from the horizontal R panel, that's why they cost so much more the other way. When they erected ours, they set it up for water to run off one end, and it works great.

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                          As cheap as they put them up, I wouldn't even consider it. They'll be done in 3 hours, it would take me a solid day.

Comment

Working...
                          X