No announcement yet.

Let's raise some quail!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did a quick search and didn't find what colors are the sexes Chew. Are these what eggs you got. I've got a pen of celadones with a couple that color. They lay blue or blue speckled eggs.
    Attached Files

Comment

I think it's just the breast coloration/speckles that differentiate the sexes.
      Last edited by Chew; 01-06-2022, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
        I think it's just the breast coloration/speckles that differentiate the sexes.
        That's the same as the jumbos just can't tell that early.

Comment

Couple of eggs are moving around already. Wife just said a beak is poking out. Starting on the doors to the quail cage this morning.

Comment

Beakage....

Comment

Exciting news chickens pip and might take 24hrs or more to hatch. Quail pip and hatch in an hour or so. Happens fast. Waiting for pics chew.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                Exciting news chickens pip and might take 24hrs or more to hatch. Quail pip and hatch in an hour or so. Happens fast. Waiting for pics chew.
                Thanks. Headed to granddaughter birthday party but hopefully we got some broken shells when I get back

Comment

All doors finished. Nothing hatched yet just a couple moving around.

Comment

Your about to have a mess of wobbly legs running and flopping around in there

Comment

The pens look great by the way!

Comment

Here we go! Three hatched with many others pipping.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIFBQnat3ww"]Jumbo Coturnix Quail Hatching Out 1/8/22 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Congrats dad! Do I need to go ahead and bring some egg, Flour, and oil over now?

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
                            Congrats dad! Do I need to go ahead and bring some egg, Flour, and oil over now?
                            Gimme a few days!

Comment

Just out here in the waiting room, thanks for these updates. Welcome to Texas little guys!

Comment

Come tomorrow afternoon you’ll have a pile!

Comment

Working...
                                X