Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 College Football - Bowl Season (For Most)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
    I heard some insane stuff about their being enough players currently in the portal to field 60 teams.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    This has been happening every year since they started the portal, not just this year. Per Rick Newheisel, less that half will find a hone every year. That means a bunch of these kids will have to walk on somewhere and pay their own way if they want to keep playing. Talk about crapping in their post toasties.

Comment

Wow. Thst kinda just dawned on me. They are walking away from a full ride and may not get another. If thet end up not transferring is the scholarship still honored by the original program? Seems there is a way to fix that/this.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
        He’s a helicopter dad and former OU QB. It won’t be OU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        I don't think Charles is that bad. His oldest played at OU for awhile. It is ironic that Casey will now have the opportunity to play for two of OU's biggest rivals.

Comment

These entitled kids have grown up being the big man on campus in high school and when they get to college most of them are average or a little bit above. They can't handle waiting and enter the portal because they never had to compete in high school and don't want to start now. Only ones I feel sorry for are the ones that transfer to be closer to family during a difficult family time, the rest get what the deserve.
          Caleb Williams left OU because they would not pay him what he wanted. Eastern Michigan offering him 1 million to come there. I guarantee if Georgia wants him they will match or beat that

Comment

Originally posted by Dru View Post
            I don't think Charles is that bad. His oldest played at OU for awhile. It is ironic that Casey will now have the opportunity to play for two of OU's biggest rivals.
            That was my point.

Comment

I wonder how many of the kids going into the portal are doing it for selfish and personal reasons like more playing time or better chance to shine? Then, how many of them are going in because their current coach said you probably want to look elsewhere for employment because we have someone better than you coming along and we gave them a NIL deal to come here and your scholarship needs to be reappropriated.

Comment

2021 College Football - Bowl Season (For Most)

Was just sent (from an Aggie) news Texags is taking subscriptions from $10-100/month for NIL interviews… wonder how long NIL last

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Former University of Houston and Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin got himself a new head coaching gig with the USFL's Houston Gamblers

The swag is back in H Town

Comment

Zach Evans is reportedly getting $500K to move on to Ol Miss!

Who needs an education? Who will he play for next year?

Comment

How long till this NIL stuff gets canned?

Comment

I have no reason to believe NIL $$ reports are true...or false. Do we really expect to know the numbers or are we left to whatever is reported? It's not like this has to be public information. Given that I'm not inclined to believe any of it.

Comment

Free agency has begun.

Time is ticking for all of us to eventually walk away from giving enough **** to even discuss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntercoach View Post
                            I wonder how many of the kids going into the portal are doing it for selfish and personal reasons like more playing time or better chance to shine? Then, how many of them are going in because their current coach said you probably want to look elsewhere for employment because we have someone better than you coming along and we gave them a NIL deal to come here and your scholarship needs to be reappropriated.
                            I’m curious about this as well.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntercoach View Post
                              It’s simple. Are they a starter? Do they see a lot of playing time? If they are or do and they are looking around, in my opinion they are looking for more money. I would say most, some are looking for better programs or maybe there’s a personality conflict.
                              Last edited by oktx; 01-07-2022, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                                How long till this NIL stuff gets canned?

Tomorrow would be fine by me

Comment

Working...
                                X