No announcement yet.

Home Owners Insurance Shopping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home owners insurance is the best and cheapest investment you can make to insure your financial future. You might spend 25k on insurance over the next 10 years and hopefully never need it. But every single day thousands of claims are made by people who thought it was a scam. Most folks throw away 50-100k on cars in the same 10 years and think they got a great deal.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
      Home owners insurance is the best and cheapest investment you can make to insure your financial future. You might spend 25k on insurance over the next 10 years and hopefully never need it. But every single day thousands of claims are made by people who thought it was a scam. Most folks throw away 50-100k on cars in the same 10 years and think they got a great deal.
      I agree that it’s a good investment. I also know that it’s a gamble they are making that you will never have to use it. I’m also hoping I never have to use it. The dog didn’t increase my policy by 74%. The dog is 6 years old and I’ve had this insurance for 4 years. Nothing else has changed around here so who knows….I’m not an insurance guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Slinger View Post
        I agree that it’s a good investment. I also know that it’s a gamble they are making that you will never have to use it. I’m also hoping I never have to use it. The dog didn’t increase my policy by 74%. The dog is 6 years old and I’ve had this insurance for 4 years. Nothing else has changed around here so who knows….I’m not an insurance guy.
        I’m sure the dog is just an excuse or just a factor in the many factors of the algorithm. Natural disasters, maybe increase crime in the area, many many things all add up.

Comment

Ours hasn’t increased but we have State Farm so we probably started higher than some/most. They have no clue about our dogs or other recent additions…….yet, at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Y’all can thank the fact that theres a gazillion more people here (more risk), our ****ty weather (February freeze, hurricanes, wildfires, tornadoes, and hail storm after hail storm), and massive inflation for the giant premium hikes. It’s getting bad.

Comment

Texas Farm Bureau has been great for us. We just had a roof claim due to some previous storm damage and it was the easiest quickest process I've ever seen. The insurance adjuster was out on a Friday, and the check was cut and the roofers were replacing our roof by the following Tuesday. Our roofing company deals with a lot of insurance companies and he said ours was really good seeing how they handled everything and how painless it all was.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                Y’all can thank the fact that theres a gazillion more people here (more risk), our ****ty weather (February freeze, hurricanes, wildfires, tornadoes, and hail storm after hail storm), and massive inflation for the giant premium hikes. It’s getting bad.
                Yes sir and i have a feeling that Bidenflation has a ton to do with it.

Comment

The best advice I got here was to contact The Insurance Guy - Cale Stanton. He's a sponsor on here. He's an independent agent and just before the holidays he gave me some outstanding quotes that I need to follow up with him on.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                    The best advice I got here was to contact The Insurance Guy - Cale Stanton. He's a sponsor on here. He's an independent agent and just before the holidays he gave me some outstanding quotes that I need to follow up with him on.
                    ^^^
                    Give him a shout…my insurance went up 76% so I called Cale and he had me a quote in a few days below my rate before the increase. I also bundled my auto and saved a little more. Super easy and great communication from him.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                      Originally posted by TX CHICKEN View Post
                      ^^^
                      Give him a shout…my insurance went up 76% so I called Cale and he had me a quote in a few days below my rate before the increase. I also bundled my auto and saved a little more. Super easy and great communication from him.
                      Thank y’all. Someone actually PM’d me with the same information.

Comment

Hmm calling my agent now...

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                          Texas Farm Bureau has been great for us. We just had a roof claim due to some previous storm damage and it was the easiest quickest process I've ever seen. The insurance adjuster was out on a Friday, and the check was cut and the roofers were replacing our roof by the following Tuesday. Our roofing company deals with a lot of insurance companies and he said ours was really good seeing how they handled everything and how painless it all was.
                          2nd on Farm Bureau. They insure everything we own, and everything we are.

Comment

Allied Trust was very easy to work with and very expedient in helping us get our roof replaced. I hear the big name insurance companies can be a big pain trying to file a claim such as hail damage. My dad just jumped ship from State Farm after 40 years because they would not replace his hail damaged roof. The man has never filed a claim and probably given them $100k+ over the years. What a joke. My Texas Farm Bureau agent said they could not touch Allied but we use them for auto coverage.

Comment

Working...
                            X