Do y'all ever feel like.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get a full set of labs ran including test and hormone panel.

My wife has me taking a metric boat load of vitamins as well as my dr has me on stuff for test levels. Since I started taking vitamins I feel a world better. After two back surgeries I’ve been taking two aleve and two ibuprofen every day. Now I only take that if I’ve worked my tail off somewhere or done a lot of physical labor.

Vitamin c, d and zinc.

And yes at 32 being active you can still have low test. I’m 38 and have been on supplement for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I feel that way at times. After 21lbs down from 60+ days & over 7,000miles this season, I've had several times where I felt burnt out and numerous days of being completely exhausted. Yet it's what I love to do and look forward to the most.

I know I may not be capable or won't be able to hunt that much in the future, so I keep that in mind when I start waking up wondering if I should go or not. I'm able, physically capable and free , so why not?

Rest is needed, hitting the reset button, and definitely new scenery and a change of pace to keep going. Can't go full blitz every day, all day forever.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

When I was younger I used to go hard from dove, archery, rifle, pheasant, quail, and duck seasons. All the while working 55+ hours a week, and chasing girls in every off minute. Then there was off season work, and fishing. I’d lose 10-15 lbs (that I couldn’t afford to lose), put ~29-33,000 miles on the truck, and **** off numerous females in 6 months and love every bit of it!

Quail and pheasant were the toughest.

I don’t do that anymore.

Comment

I have gotten to the point if I don’t feel like getting up and going I don’t. I am leaving Monday to hunt for several days. After 3-4 days I take a break and relax around camp.

Comment

When I was a full time bow hunter, I use to tell my wife that hunting is hard work.
            And I would get worn down, but I enjoyed every minute of it.

Comment

Just take a weekend off. What you are describing is burnout and hunting is 100% a choice.

Not gonna lie for the first time in 20 something years, I’ve slept in most mornings this season. I don’t regret it either.

If it stops being fun, quit doing it until it becomes fun again. I guided for close to 10 years and by the beginning of January I didn’t want to even see a deer. Ruined whitetail hunting for me for many years. Take a weekend to go duck hunting, or do some fishing or just lay around at the house.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                When I was younger I used to go hard from dove, archery, rifle, pheasant, quail, and duck seasons. All the while working 55+ hours a week, and chasing girls in every off minute. Then there was off season work, and fishing. I’d lose 10-15 lbs (that I couldn’t afford to lose), put ~29-33,000 miles on the truck, and **** off numerous females in 6 months and love every bit of it!

Quail and pheasant were the toughest.

I don’t do that anymore.

Ah, the good ol days for sure.

Comment

I still enjoy hunting with my son or grandson. But at my age (81) I don't really care to shoot. Traded my bow a few years ago. Bought a crossbow. Stays in the gun room. I agree that as you get older, the hunt becomes less important than a little more sleep. LOL

Comment

I work my tail off every year right up until bow season starts. Other than filling feeders, the work ends and the hunting begins.

I get burned out most off seasons. But then I get in a tree for the first time and it’s all worth it

Comment

Nope

Comment

If I old make hunting my only job i would. Beats the 9 to 5. Nothing like the adventure...never know what will happen.

Comment

I've been complaining about the weather this season and how I'm just not motivated like most years to hunt.

After whining jokingly about it a bunch of buddies knocked me back to reality as they all said, "Man, I just wish I had a place I could go." Yep, it's hot but I'm still blessed to have a place to hunt.

For every 1 of us not 100% satisfied with our hunting there's probably 100 more wishing they could sit in a stand and not see anything. If you have access to a nephew or friend's kid interested in hunting take them. It's very rewarding to introduce someone and we all need to take a kid or 1000 hunting so that our way of life continues.

Comment

Sleep in you can kill them in the evenings just as easy as you can in the mornings.

Comment

I think the people I've been raised around has a lot to do with me being the way I am. I can relate to a lot of y'all in what you're saying. I've always looked at it like I'm an able bodied person,therefore I'm blessed that I can get up and go huntin. But I was also raised around guys that got up before the sun and worked all day their whole life. They're go getters. So I feel like a day inside is a day of my life wasted.

About a month ago I didn't even hear my alarm go off. Slept through it. Had went to bed around 9:00 pm the night before and didn't wake up until 6:00pm the next evening. I had a lot of missed text and a few missed calls. I had people thinkin I was bad off. My cousin had my mom and who knows what else thinkin I was depressed. Which I wasn't I was just exhausted. But man I felt like a brand new person that next day. It might just be time to hit the snooze button and sleep. That much sleep seems excessive but I mean I must've needed it because I woke up and it kinda freaked me out. I felt like I had almost died I slept for so long. I hadn't slept like that in.....I actually don't even know. Maybe never.
                              Last edited by okrattler; 12-25-2021, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                                Huntin gets to feeling like a 2nd job? Don't get me wrong I love huntin. Absolutely love it, always have. But man by the time Summer rolls around I sure do enjoy getting to sleep in on the weekends. I'm not burnt out on it. I'm just tired. In a way it kind of is a 2nd job for me. I predator hunt to make extra cash selling fur. I get up early,no different than during the week and go huntin. The only time I skip is if it's really windy. When Spring rolls around I'll be rattlesnake huntin every day. Then there's turkey huntin thrown in the mix. Today I just stopped and thought, man.....I'm exhausted. Ain't had much luck lately so I think I notice it more. Killing anything while hunting isn't a guarantee. Slow days ain't no fun.

It takes a lot not to hit the snooze button or just shut my alarm off completely when I know I can. Especially on super cold days and I'm warm. I kinda hate it that sometimes I think, well crap I gotta get up and go huntin.
                                Yes

I haven't filled a tag this year

Comment

Working...
                                X