Portable jump starters ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Portable jump starters ?

How many of y’all carry one or use one ? I’m looking to pick one up to keep around . Would be using it on a 45 hp tractor and maybe my power stroke if needed. What brand and size do y’all recommend?

I bought one that was recommended on here. Struck out twice with it. I’ll stick to cables.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I carry one I got off Amazon. I'd have to look at the amps, I think it's a 1250. I've used it dozens of times on everything from tractors to my boat. It was $79. It holds a charge for months. I've had good results from it. Amazon no longer offers the one I have. The brand is Space Key.

Comment

Mine lives in my truck and I’ve used it a bunch. Same with my battery powered tire inflator. Check out project farm on YouTube he has pretty much reviewed them all.

Comment

I have a noco. I believe it’s the 3000a. I have used it on everything from my boat to my diesel pickup.

Comment

Project farm on you tube does a good review of many jump starters. The guy is a genius.

Comment

Noco

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                How many of y’all carry one or use one ? I’m looking to pick one up to keep around . Would be using it on a 45 hp tractor and maybe my power stroke if needed. What brand and size do y’all recommend?
                The vast majority of them are junk. I finally bit the bullet and got one that has a real battery inside it -- Clore Jump n Carry. It has no problem jumping an F150 from a dead battery as well as a 47hp kubota:

Comment

Originally posted by Ungawa View Post
                  Project farm on you tube does a good review of many jump starters. The guy is a genius.
                  Gota agree Project Farm is Genius...Tells it like it is!

Everything i bought with NOCO good stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Swampa View Post
                    I bought one that was recommended on here. Struck out twice with it. I’ll stick to cables.

I was recently in a situation with my tractor that I couldn’t not get to it to jump it off . Had to drag a battery out to it and swap it out to get it back to the house . Just wanting something for when I can’t access it easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbull9 View Post
                      I have a noco. I believe it’s the 3000a. I have used it on everything from my boat to my diesel pickup.
                      Same here. They hold a charge forever. Haven’t let me down yet. Cables don’t do a bit of good when you are stuck somewhere by yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by cva34 View Post
                        Gota agree Project Farm is Genius...Tells it like it is!

Everything i bought with NOCO good stuff
                        Bought a 2 bank 10w noco onboard for my boat . . Hi tech wisdom . .

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                          I was recently in a situation with my tractor that I couldn’t not get to it to jump it off . Had to drag a battery out to it and swap it out to get it back to the house . Just wanting something for when I can’t access it easily.

I get what your saying and wished mine worked better. I couldn’t jump my Polaris ranger. Maybe I got a dud

Comment

I bought a noco a couple of years ago. It worked great the first year and I used it several times with no problem. The last few times I've tried to use it it hasn't worked nearly as well. I'm not sure if sitting in the heat eventually kills the battery or if it's just not holding a charge anymore. I'll probably buy another one though because they are so much more convenient than cables and you can help yourself out of bind.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve got a couple Nocos. I’ve used them a ton around the lease. Jumped my 17’ 6.7 Powerstroke a couple times, and my Can Am many a times as well as my work truck. It’ll jump my truck once per charge. It’ll jump my can am 4-5 times per charge. Worth every penny. The Noco Boost XL50 is what I have.

Comment

Working...
                              X