Ford or GM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Filletem View Post
    This ain’t no joke I had a 2500 6.0 pulling a TT over Raton pass I was just praying that motor would hold together until I made it over the top. 6k plus the whole way up. I swapped to the 6.7 power stroke and after one trip to Yellowstone pulling the same TT y’all can have my share of the gassers. I’ll stick with the diesel.
    The 7.3 gasser is a beast in comparison to the 6.0! Not even close.

Comment

I don't have the gas but I do have a 2020 F-350 and the 10 speed is phenomenal.

It was a joint venture with GM.

Comment

I ordered a F250 7.3 w/tremor package on October 2nd…still haven’t received a vin. Had a friend get his in 6weeks. Wish Ford would let me know what the holdup is and provide the option to modify my build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Seems like most of you folks with new F250s don’t pull trailers at all or pull one loaded with less than 5,000 lbs. I think a 1/2 ton truck makes way more since but you won’t look as cool.

I drive a 2020 F-350 6.7 srw and pull a gooseneck dump trailer every day, I didn’t give the gasser one look…. Buy the truck that fits your needs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mww982 View Post
            That’s what ordered in carbonized grey, sport appearance package

That’s a beautiful color that should hide dirt better than my blacked out truck.

Comment

Ford for sure. I bounce back and forth, ford gets my vote.

Comment

Gm flr me 110%

Comment

Originally posted by Filletem View Post
                  This ain’t no joke I had a 2500 6.0 pulling a TT over Raton pass I was just praying that motor would hold together until I made it over the top. 6k plus the whole way up. I swapped to the 6.7 power stroke and after one trip to Yellowstone pulling the same TT y’all can have my share of the gassers. I’ll stick with the diesel.
                  LOL, redline is 6k. That must have been pleasant. I had a 5.3 I used to haul 5k with. And as soon as it sniffed a hill, downshift 2 gears and hover just below redline.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowslinger1 View Post
                    Here’s my question after comment…..is anyone seeing dealers that are selling HD trucks for either sticker price or under by chance? Some of these dealerships have went to $5000 over sticker. I’m not ever gonna do that! Anyone that does needs to quit it. That’s screwing up the market for everyone
                    I bought a new ford back in April for under sticker. Lariat Superduty Diesel.

Actually got it a few grand under sticker.

Caraway Ford in Nixon, Ask for Jessica

Comment

Originally posted by DoveBlaster View Post
                      Seems like most of you folks with new F250s don’t pull trailers at all or pull one loaded with less than 5,000 lbs. I think a 1/2 ton truck makes way more since but you won’t look as cool.

I drive a 2020 F-350 6.7 srw and pull a gooseneck dump trailer every day, I didn’t give the gasser one look…. Buy the truck that fits your needs

like you, I drive an f350 so I look at least 1/4 more cool!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by rolylane6; 12-15-2021, 09:06 AM.

Comment

I like both Ford and GM Vehicles.

I had great luck with my 2017 SuperDuty and my 21' Superduty. The mileage in the diesel has greatly improved, i was going to go gas but my tremor gets 18-21 mpg on the highway if i drive it right, so i chose a diesel again.

Ford flat out makes a tougher truck. I am offroad every day, lots of miles on caliche roads and at 160k all i had to replace in the 17' was a steering rod and drag link.

I had a 15' Chevy 1/2 ton Z71, a 16' Suburban and a 19' Tahoe. I had issues with every, single one. Not major mechanical issues, but their front ends are weak, A/C goes out, lots of little things. the Z71 was my daily driver and at 80k miles I was on the third set of Control Arms and Ball Joints

I like the way they look but GM vehicles just do not hold up like a Ford Does. I would buy a 3/4 ton Dodge 7 days a week before I bought a GM 3/4 ton.

Comment

Originally posted by mww982 View Post
                          I've ordered a 2022 Ford F-250 with the 7.3L gasser and 4.30 rear end. Who knows when the truck will be built. I'm also interested in the GMC 2500 with the 6.6 gas engine. I've always been a Ford guy but not anti-Chevy....I'm anti-Ram. Would you consider the GM or stick with the Ford?
                          I went with the Ford, I did a ton of research on both motors and tried to figure out what would be the weak link in each motor. The 7.3 is over-built for commercial use to replace the diesel engine (at least to give the end user the choice of gas or diesel). It is a basic old school pushrod motor that has basic internal moving parts. It does not have any variable displacement and just a very little amount of cam timing variable. The Chevy had one major component that I think will give problems down the road (costly problem), it has a high pressure fuel pump inside the motor. The high pressure fuel pump rides on a lobe on the cam, I've seen other systems like this cause engine failure when the roller bearings in the pump go out and damage the cam.
                          I am (or at least was) a die-hard Chevy guy, don't get me wrong, fords made me a lot of money when I owned my shop but I don't want to have to do the repairs on my own vehicle. I already had to replace the cam phasers on my wife's ecoboost, not a fun job, but that is what I do.
                          This is just my 0.02

Comment

Originally posted by bbbuck View Post
                            We run a fleet of over 200 lease trucks for the field engineers. Currently everyone is in the Chevy 1500/2500 4x4. The transmission goes out around 100k, this has happened to multiple engineers including myself and I run with an empty bed.

The best trucks we ever leased were the Dodge 2500, they were tanks never broke down. I purchased mine from lease agency after 120k miles and gave to my son. He traded after 300k on it still running strong and he hit a hog and buck with it on the ranch he worked for.

When I purchase it will be a dodge.
                            Definitely a good review from the front line.

Comment

I’m currently driving a ‘20 Chevy 3500HD with 6.6 gasser. The truck has 20,928 miles on it and I’ve already had to put 8 qts of oil in it between changes. I pull a 30’ trailer loaded with skid steer and equipment regularly and GM says the oil consumption issue is within their tolerances of 1 qt per 100 gallons of fuel burned. I’m going to the dealership on Tuesday to discuss this and if they don’t do something to make it right, this lifelong Chevy guy will go check out the fords.

Comment

Originally posted by Kas View Post
                                Found
                                On
                                Road
                                Dead

‘Nuff said [emoji2371]

First
                                On
                                Race
                                Day