Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ram 2500 improving ride quality

Good morning.

I have a 2014 Ram 2500 Diesel that has served me well for the last 7 years.

It has come time to update and improve the suspension. Not looking to necessarily lift or level the truck. Just improve the ride quality and not lose towing or payload capacity.

After searching YouTube and several forums, the two options that seem to be the most recommended are the Carli Commuter System or one from Thuren Fabrication. My local dealer sells both but doesn’t recommend either. Instead he recommended the Icon Stage 3 system.

All three choices cost about the same($4000).

Does anyone on the green screen have first hand knowledge with any of these that they would care to share? Or another option that I may have overlooked?

Thanks.

I have ran Carli's on my rams & icon on fords & toyota's. The carli systems to me are great. Carli didn't have ford stuff when I had my fords. The Icon has been good on my trucks. Between Carli & Icon, I would go Carli. I believe Carli customer service is better if you need it or want something. Always been willing to answer questions or give advice on systems.

Comment

I have Icon Coils and Carli other stuff on my F250 and it rides excellent. I’ve got a buddy with all things Thuren on his ram and it might ride ride a little better than mine.

Thuren also has second to none customer service.

Out of the 3 I would probably go Thuren for a Ram.

Comment

Track bar, ball joints, and good bushings go a long way on the rams. I have the Thuren track bar and financially had to settle for Moog ball joints when my steering was sloppy and it really tightened everything up. That was about 30k miles ago, and its starting to get sloppy again. I grease the ball joints and check to make sure everything is tightened up again.

I agree with TreyRo, Thuren definitely caters to Ram and the customer service is good.

Comment

Sorry, but buy a FORD. Just kidding, no help from me.

Ford lover here!

Comment

Originally posted by HOOKNBULLET2 View Post
            Good morning.

I have a 2014 Ram 2500 Diesel that has served me well for the last 7 years.

It has come time to update and improve the suspension. Not looking to necessarily lift or level the truck. Just improve the ride quality and not lose towing or payload capacity.

After searching YouTube and several forums, the two options that seem to be the most recommended are the Carli Commuter System or one from Thuren Fabrication. My local dealer sells both but doesn’t recommend either. Instead he recommended the Icon Stage 3 system.

All three choices cost about the same($4000).

Does anyone on the green screen have first hand knowledge with any of these that they would care to share? Or another option that I may have overlooked?

Thanks.
            That surprises me your local dealer does not recommend Carli or Thuren. I have not heard of anyone not recommending there products. That being said I have a 2019 2500 and when Thuren has availability in stock that is the route I will be going.

Comment

Originally posted by Gulfcoastin View Post
              That surprises me your local dealer does not recommend Carli or Thuren. I have not heard of anyone not recommending there products. That being said I have a 2019 2500 and when Thuren has availability in stock that is the route I will be going.
              It surprised me as well that he wouldn’t recommend Carli or Thuren.

He had nothing good to say about Carli at all. Which is shocking by what you see online. He said Thuren makes good products but of course brought up the lack of availability.

I’ve looked all over online for the last couple hours and have struggled to find anyone recommending Icon.

Comment

Man I just don't see how you could go wrong with either. They both build quality products with great reviews. Every time I see a ford or ram with Carli or Thuren If I see the owner I ask how they like it. Response is always the same, they love it. I am not knocking ICON, just do not see a lot of Icon lifts on Heavy duty trucks.

Comment

I need to do the exact same to my 2014 ram 2500. My steering is getting pretty bad. I have not been able to find a kit in stock for the last 6 months. I also looked at Synergy fabrication. My local diesel shop really likes their stuff. Gonna come down to Thuren or Synergy for me. Whichever I can get first.

Comment

Bumping this up, hoping for some weekend input.

Anyone have a Stage 3 Icon kit on a Ram 2500 that they are happy with?

Comment

My baby is ready for some upgrades as well. Love my Dodge. 2010

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Here’s what I did on a 2007 ram 2500. It made all the difference.

Sulastic shakles - this is the best upgrade. These completely take out the oscillation going over expansion joints on the highway.
                        Thuren soft ride coils up front
                        Bilstein 5100’s

Those 3 will get you riding good with no towing capacity loss.

You can take it a step further and put airbags on it and then cut or remove the overload leaf spring. You’d always run the airbags nearly deflated. They’re only for towing.

Comment

Originally posted by HOOKNBULLET2 View Post
                          It surprised me as well that he wouldn’t recommend Carli or Thuren.

He had nothing good to say about Carli at all. Which is shocking by what you see online. He said Thuren makes good products but of course brought up the lack of availability.

I’ve looked all over online for the last couple hours and have struggled to find anyone recommending Icon.

I always question the opinion of someone who sells a product and stands to make a profit. If people who spent hard earned money and are the end user tell you they’re happy, I’d believe them over someone who might make a higher margin on Icon over Thuren or Carly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan11 View Post
                            I always question the opinion of someone who sells a product and stands to make a profit. If people who spent hard earned money and are the end user tell you they’re happy, I’d believe them over someone who might make a higher margin on Icon over Thuren or Carly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            I agree 100%.

Comment

I’ll second Sulastic shackles.

Comment

Working...
                              X