New trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New trucks

I’ve bought two new trucks in the past 21 years and still drive 98 z71 every day. The 2011 is just getting broke in good. Anyone else drive the wheels off???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New trucks

Originally posted by Tree Phantom View Post
    I’ve bought two new trucks in the past 21 years and still drive 98 z71 every day. The 2011 is just getting broke in good. Anyone else drive the wheels off???

I do both.

I have a 2013 Infiniti G37 that I use as a sales car that I will drive until it hits 10 years old and my company makes me get a new one. My wife gets a new car every 4 to 6 years and they have about 40 or 50 thousand miles on them. I keep a 3rd vehicle which is a 2017 F-250 that I use as a hunting truck to drive back and forth hunting. I’ll probably keep it until I see something new I like or the value goes below about 30k.

I know this doesn’t make any sense financially but I like driving nice vehicles and it’s much easier to trade in a truck and get 30k for it drop another 20 k cash down and your financing 25k for 5 years.

Last edited by Black Ice; 05-09-2019, 08:02 AM.

Comment

I have a 1997 chevy s-10 that just turned 250,000 that i drive every day and plan on driving for at least a few more years.

Comment

My trucks usually have 250/300k miles before I get a new one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I get new-to-me trucks every 3-4 years. I gave up on paying the stupid tax about 15 years ago.

Comment

I've got a 2014 F150 with only 70k on it. Plan to drive it for many more years to come.

I couldn't imagine buying a new truck and then busting through the brush with it so I'm not worried about getting an itch for a new one.

Comment

My wife's '01 Explorer had 318,000
              My '98 Z71 has 198,000

Want to get a newerish :-) one. Just don't want the payment.....

Comment

I drive a 2001 F350 that I've had since 2003. It currently has 211k miles. I've had several daily drivers over the last 15 years too. A couple of used Mazda Proteges that I put 150k mile on each before scrapping them. Then a VW Jetta TDI that I put 240k miles on before the VW buyback program.
                Now I work from home mostly and just have the 2001 F350 for myself.
                Wife gets a new to her vehicle as needed - reliability here instead of repairability.

Comment

I have kept my last three daily drivers for 10 years each. Bought a Grand Cherokee 4x4 new in 1987 traded it it on a new one in 1998. In 2009 I sold it and bought a Tacoma - I just sold that truck it about a month ago, coincidentally 10 years to the day after buying it. All have had 180-200k miles.

Comment

I got my wife a 2015 Yukon denali last year that had 50k on it.

I took over her old car, 2005 Yukon with 160k on it that I put 30 mile on a month

my 2001 Silverado with 145k has been retired to ranch duty and feed store runs.

ill drive the last 2 until it costs more to keep them running than they are worth.

Comment

The 98 has about 400,000,put a new motor in at 300 and had my transmission completely rebuilt over the Christmas holidays. Go to go go go.

Comment

I'm driving a 2004 Dodge diesel, only 201,000 ish miles. Just getting broke in.

Comment

My 2006 Dodge Cummins only has 200K so I'm good.

Comment

Every 10 years or 250k miles. Whichever comes first. My last 6 have all been a Cheby. Had one Ford back in 1973 and it was done in 50k. Front end totally worn out and rear end howling like a moon dog and 6-8 mpg.

Comment

I have a 2012 f150 tha I bought new, it has 100,000 miles on it. Occasionally I overload it going to the deer lease and pulling travel trailers. In a couple of years I'll probably buy a used f350 just for those duties and drive the f150 daily. I only live 1 mile away from work so my vehicles stay low mile.

Comment

Working...
                              X