Forensic dna testing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forensic dna testing?

Super random question, but if I found a spot of dried blood on something. Would It be possible to have it tested to try and match the dna to a person if the person in question provided a dna sample?

Not an expert....but it depends on what the dried blood was found on and how long it was there And the person in question may not have to “provide” a DNA sample. It may already be in the system.

Comment

The technology today I’m sure you could

Comment

Short answer, yes. That could be done.

Comment

Yes. They can even get DNA off of skin cells now.

Comment

Yes, however the first step would be to test it first to see if it’s human or animal blood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I dont know who would do that privately. I can tell you the medical examiners DNA lab charges LE agency's almost 400 bucks to run a sample and compare it to a known individual.

The sample you have probably needs to be hydrated before collection. If you can see it, chances are there is DNA in it. Right now tests show DNA stays in blood outside of the body for 10 years

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
              Last edited by Quackerbox; 10-25-2020, 08:04 PM.

Comment

I was going to say that you probably could but it might be costly

Quackerbox already covered that

I had a hard drive crash, I know a retired guy that dealt with cyber crime, he basically told me all of the data could probably be recovered but it would cost a bunch of money. Nothing worth a lot of money so it is in a ziploc in a desk drawer

Comment

Working...
                X