This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Puggy625 View Post
    That was already available. Some of us were priced out by the increase of sponsorship fees for knife makers going to $500/year. Not worth it when you only sell a few knives a year on here. Most of the ones I posted were already sold, I just posted pictures in the DIY thread to show them off (no, they weren't a "how to" thread). Because I put blood, sweat and tears into them. I bought a sponsorship when people started asking to buy one or make them one. I followed the rules but in the end, it just wasn't worth paying that much.
    I didn't realize you have to pay a minimum of $500 to advertise here. You better sell a lot of what every you are selling in order to recover that fee.

Comment

Make a forum for the knife makers, they are talented. But get tired of seeing them.

Comment

I began coming to the DIY forum to see things that folks on here come up with. Not being a skilled DIY'er myself, I like to see the steps to get to the end product. I know it is a pain, and maybe a "didn't think about it at the time I was building it", but waiting for someone to just see the finished product and then waiting for them to PM or ask for details seems tedious, especially if more than one person asks for details. It can be as detailed as step by step pictures or the final product and then a detailed write up, including a parts list, would be better than a finished product picture and a hearty "look what I did". Of course, that is just my opinion.

Comment

My main point is that there are a lot of skilled folks on TBH- help some of us that are "challenged" learn from you.

Comment

maybe not a strict how to only but a place to show off our projects

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
              I hope it means more than that. This is my take on this....A "do it your selfer" makes things for himself. Usually it's to save some money or make something that isn't readily available. Sometimes it's just to see if you can make/build something different and have pride in making it. He/she doesn't do it to promote a product to sell.
              much of this.

I have a hard time stopping to eat or drink when I start building something much less taking step by step photos. This is place I enjoy looking at to see what regular joes can do with their own hands. And it gives me ideas for something I may want to try

Originally posted by Puggy625 View Post
              That was already available. Some of us were priced out by the increase of sponsorship fees for knife makers going to $500/year. Not worth it when you only sell a few knives a year on here. Most of the ones I posted were already sold, I just posted pictures in the DIY thread to show them off (no, they weren't a "how to" thread). Because I put blood, sweat and tears into them. I bought a sponsorship when people started asking to buy one or make them one. I followed the rules but in the end, it just wasn't worth paying that much.

its unfortunate its come to that for you and a host of others. I have knives from a plenty of guys here. None from the select few who still advertise and eventually mail the product or talk down on someone selling a fine knife for a 150 bucks

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                I think she means that the DIY threads should be more than a pic of a finished project. Doesn't have to be how-to, but it should at least include more than just a pic of what was done.
                I was going to start a rant about this subject, but this post fits the bill.

Reminder bump for everyone.

Comment

Thank you about time

Comment

Working...
                  X