Hunting north of Orange Grove??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting north of Orange Grove??

I may have a chance to hunt a place a bit north of Orange Grove and curious what the hunting is like down there.

Deer numbers/size, pigs, dove, etc.

Anyone hunt near there that can give me some input?

Thank you in advance.

My buddy used to have a place just south of town, definitely no shortage of hogs. Deer are plentiful but nothing really to impressive with the biggest buck coming out of there 120”. Nonetheless you can’t eat horns, it was a fun place and always saw something every time we went. Also had turkey too

Comment

Never hunted the area but I’m working in calallen right now, about 40 miles from orange grove and the dove are thick!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sandia area I guess would be due north of orange grove. Along the river I know there are some good numbers of animals. Loads of pigs especially with any creeks or the river bordering the property. I have heard of a few properties that shoot some solid bucks every year out that way. There are some ranches out that way that have been cut into ranchettes and those are hunted pretty hard. I hunted just down from the lake for a few years and some some really nice “neighborhood” deer.

Comment

I represented a group of hunters on the Wyatt ranch near orange grove , the dove hunting was good, hogs, lots of neighborhood competition on deer even though it was 5000+ acres
          They left after a year . So I guess I am no help except to say it could be hit or miss

Comment

Working...
          X