Leon County property

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Following.
    I’m not on the route but not far from it. I know people that are on it.

Comment

Yeah, unfortunately my Uncle's property backs up to the route. Probably 100 to 200 yards from train route.

Another family place is about 600 to 800 yards away from the route but at least out of sight I think...

Going to influence hunting as well since it will be fenced off. Will be interesting....and not in a good way. I hope this doesn't go through. Such a waste of money

Comment

I sat in on a presentation a couple years ago that was put on by some of the stake holders. We were told the tracks will not be fenced off out in the country and that the land owners would still be able to run cows and drive tractors under the raised tracks. The majority of the tracks will be elevated except around the depots. Not sure if any of that has changed and I can't really find any details on the web.

Comment

Originally posted by Tryton View Post
          I sat in on a presentation a couple years ago that was put on by some of the stake holders. We were told the tracks will not be fenced off out in the country and that the land owners would still be able to run cows and drive tractors under the raised tracks. The majority of the tracks will be elevated except around the depots. Not sure if any of that has changed and I can't really find any details on the web.
          Is it a monorail? If the entire route is raised track or at least most of it the construction cost is going to be astronomical

Comment

Originally posted by Tryton View Post
            View Testimonials from Texans who support the Train. See endorsements and statements from Texas cities, organizations, Chambers of commerce, etc...

scroll to bottom, click on how this will impact access to land and emergency services. You may be right. The entire thing may be elevated.
            Last edited by Beargrasstx; 09-23-2020, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
              Is it a monorail? If the entire route is raised track or at least most of it the construction cost is going to be astronomical
              It's 2 steel tracks and is powered by electricity/Magnetic. At 200 MPH they said they can't take chances with loose livestock or wildlife or even vehicle crossings.

Ticket prices will be on par with airline tickets. Their sales pitch is ease of use. It will be much easier to drive up to the terminal buy a ticket and walk onto the train. With multiple doors the trains load and unload quick and they are on their way.

Comment

Rise in land prices in that area have put a snag in this getting done I'm hearing.

Comment

Texas Central has made little visible progress financing the high-speed rail project and acquiring property for the route in recent years. The company maintains that the bullet train is still being developed but declined to provide details about the path forward.

Article goes into pretty good depth. Looks like some pockets were lined heavily.
                  Company is legally allowed to use eminent domain, but looks like property owners can sue since the project isnt for public use.
                  We already have regular speed rail,highways,airplanes, doesnt seem like high speed rail is going to make that much money.

Comment

Working...
                  X