Question for those who still watch NFL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smell the Glove View Post
    I don’t support them. I watch them on TV.
    Lol fail

Comment

Heck I’ll watch if I feel like watching football- I guess you don’t watch any movies or tv for that matter. Most of the acting crew have made similar comments and done exactly as the NFL has. I guess you could watch black&white older TV but most of those companies are still in business and now similar to NFL. Plus you can’t goto HEB- Chic Fli A, and the list goes on.

So yea I’ll watch it- 11 guys lined up against 11 guys still playing under same rules and hitting. The little I did watch yesterday I didn’t hear any political by the announcers

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
        Can you explain what would be more ridiculous than supporting BLM and these felons? Standing with the side wanting to kill LEOs.

If you don't feel the need to boycott anything with what's going on now then I'd wager you will never boycott anything for and reason.
        Not one person in the NFL has said or is saying they want to kill LEO's ... If you want to believe that, go right ahead. I still believe you can say Black Lives Matter without supporting the organization that took that name. I get it if you don't want to separate the phrase from the organization, but that's your choice.

There is a line, but again, I dont believe it will ever happen. I will let you know when it does.

Comment

The NFL has been blatantly unpatriotic in their stance. I try to always err on the side of being a patriot....I won't watch a bunch of pansy liberals run up and down a field that is protected by the people who are hurt the most by BLM.

Siding with an organization that condones the killing of cops is not what an American sports league should be.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
            Heck I’ll watch if I feel like watching football- I guess you don’t watch any movies or tv for that matter. Most of the acting crew have made similar comments and done exactly as the NFL has. I guess you could watch black&white older TV but most of those companies are still in business and now similar to NFL. Plus you can’t goto HEB- Chic Fli A, and the list goes on.

So yea I’ll watch it- 11 guys lined up against 11 guys still playing under same rules and hitting. The little I did watch yesterday I didn’t hear any political by the announcers
            I really dont think people understand that a game is about 3 hours long, and the talk of anything outside of the game is about 1/10 of that time.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
              Nothing. I separate my sports / entertainment from my beliefs. I don’t mix the two.
              Same here, I just wish the players/league would do the same. Either way, I was brought up in sports, especially love the games of football and baseball so I’ll keep watching the games.

Comment

Have any of you guys had a Amazon package delivered to your house in last few months?

Bought groceries at HEB?

Turned on radio and listened to music? Better check network, singer, and producer

Watch TV? Same

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                  Not one person in the NFL has said or is saying they want to kill LEO's ... If you want to believe that, go right ahead. I still believe you can say Black Lives Matter without supporting the organization that took that name. I get it if you don't want to separate the phrase from the organization, but that's your choice.

There is a line, but again, I dont believe it will ever happen. I will let you know when it does.
                  Not being able to say where the line is means you have no line. But thanks for playing.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                    Have any of you guys had a Amazon package delivered to your house in last few months?

Bought groceries at HEB?

Turned on radio and listened to music? Better check network, singer, and producer

Watch TV? Same
                    My Amazon package doesn't have BLM written on it. The songs I hear don't start off saying BLM or whatever and then play. Does HEB have BLM signs in their store?

Comment

This season and the current SJW issues did it form me.

The difference that I find with here with the NFL versus Amazon, HEB, music, etc. is that the express purpose of the players on the field is to play football, nothing more. That is their "office" and that is what they are paid to do. I do not condone this divisive behavior in my workplace and somewhat expect that they can do the same. I have a decorum and dress code that I must adhere to and they should as well while on the field. Musicians can have their personal ideology and if they incorporate that into their music too much chances are I will not listen to it. If Amazon starts charging me a SJW transaction fee, I wont use them. I don't force my strict beliefs on people but at some point I will decide that I have had enough.

The NFL players have millions in disposable income and 1/3 of the year to pursue their passions off the field. I fully support them spending their time on any issue they find compelling when not working. There are several players that do a tremendous amount of charity and community building in the off season but most do not. My viewership represents my values and is the basis of establishing media/add revenue for the NFL which is then shared with individual teams and hence NFL players through their contracts.
                      Let us not forget that the money made by these players is then funneled back into supporting candidates and policy in the form of political donations, performances, public appearances at campaigns, etc. If I don't like a product I don't buy it. Right now, I don't like the product that the NFL is selling and along with that goes ESPN.

This is the balance of power that capitalism offers us and I think that it is a disservice to everyone when we don't use our consumptive leverage. You may not buy into the narrative they are perpetuating and "just want the sports" but your kids and their friends also hear this and are less skeptical. If you think this tactic of using celebrity to push/change cultural norms hasn't been effective over the last decade, you are not paying attention to what is happening in major cities right now i.e. looting, rioting, killing in the name of perceived social justice. We are all enabling bad behavior and child millionaires to preach from their bully pulpit by not having the self discipline to just turn the game off for a little while.

Sports used to be one of the only places we could go to find common ground with people who we otherwise disagreed with. I very much miss that and feel that it is a net negative.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
                        I decided I was done with this latest BS. I watch football to see a game not activism. The cowboys couldn't honor the five LEOs killed in Dallas at a BLM protest by a BLM member but they can put BLM on their helmet and honor an accused rapist? All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing....and tonight I am watching hunting shows instead of the cowboys.
                        This^^^^^(Audie Murphy westerns)

All 5 killed were running into the gunfire to save lives and can't be honored but a rapist can be honored. Total FUBAR

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                        .......Lots of folks have forgotten this!
                        Not everyone. I'd sure like to see the video of the shooter getting C-4'd.

Comment

I really don’t understand how any you guys claim to be separating the two, when the NFL will not allow that to happen. You can’t turn on the TV and get your sports anymore, specifically the NFL where this conversation is concerned, without being slapped in the face with Marxist racist, LEO hating, bull****. You guys can support that all you want and I’ll continue to call you out.

I hope you guys realize that eventually these people are going to force you to pick a side. . In case you have not noticed, the fight is being brought to us.

At the end of the day, you guys still watching the NFL are perpetuating and supporting, both financially and perceptively, Marxism amd all the anti LEO rhetoric.

**** plenty of you guys watching, I like. However, we have to take a stand somewhere. We just can no longer support any Anti-American organizations.
                          I fear there is a day quickly approaching, gentlemen, where you guys are gonna have to be a little more diligent on which side you pick. And make no mistake, you will have to pick a side. It IS coming.
                          Last edited by JLivi1224; 09-14-2020, 10:29 AM.

Comment

I quit them last season but if I hadn't I would for sure quit them now.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	119138349_10221243374051164_855038815923007741_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	24629721

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                              I really don’t understand how any you guys claim to be separating the two, when the NFL will not allow that to happen. You can’t turn on the TV and get your sports anymore, specifically the NFL where this conversation is concerned, without being slapped in the face with Marxist racist, LEO hating, bull****. You guys can support that all you want and I’ll continue to call you out.

I hope you guys realize that eventually these people are going to force you to pick a side. . In case you have not noticed, the fight is being brought to us.

At the end of the day, you guys still watching the NFL are perpetuating and supporting, both financially and perceptively, Marxism amd all the anti LEO rhetoric.

**** plenty of you guys watching, I like. However, we have to take a stand somewhere. We just can no longer support any Anti-American organizations.
                              I fear there is a day quickly approaching, gentlemen, or you guys are gonna have to be a little more diligent on which side you pick. And make no mistake, you will have to pick a side. It IS coming.
                              Key statement of the foundational belief of the ideology we are in a war with. I wonder if this is "the line" some are mentioning in this thread. The truth hurts here, but still, it's the truth.

HEB and chik fil a isnt on this same path as pro sports are, at this point. Mute argument.

Also #cancelnetflix , cant have pedos running wild either. I wont be separating "stars in the sky" from "cuties". They all gone! So sad!

Comment

I try HARD not to mix what I find entertaining with politics and all that. I love football, and I love watching a good football game. That being said, I've had a very hard time getting interested with it. I'm not one to "boycott" because they did something stupid, but it seems involuntary. I just didn't care that football was on this weekend. I did check the scores though last night out of curiosity. I wanted to know if the Cowboys still suck, if Tom Brady could win without his ole Bill, and if Bill could win without Brady. One quick pass through the Sportcenter app and off to bed I went. To answer the OPs question, I guess the constant inserting politics into sports is whats making me loose interest. I couldn't care less what some jackwagon making 30 million dollars to play a game thinks.

Comment

Working...
                                X