Vehicle financing rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
    I'm not trying to beat you down...I promise.

Been sitting right where you are right now, and that thinking put me in serious trouble.

I've got a loaded 2016 F350 4wd King Ranch with about 43K miles on it that is worth less than 50K right now.

It's way more truck than you would need, but it's still under warranty.

Not trying to sell it to you, just saying that there are trucks like that out there that would save you some money and still be way more than you would need.

I've learned something every single time I've been broke....wrongly thinking that I 'deserved' something (just because I wanted it) was one of the harder lessons

It's easy to make a bunch of money -- hanging on to it is what is difficult.
    And this guy

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
      Seven year note? WTH!
      Kid I hired up in Decatur bought another truck ‘18 F350 dually earlier in the year and HAD to finance it for 91 months. 900 something a month payment. Swallow that down. He was so upside down on vehicles, 6 brand new in 4 years, his credit was crap, and his interest rate was insanely high. Like 15-20%

Comment

Originally posted by LuBowhunter View Post
        I’m at 2% with my Credit Union for 5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m under 3% for my 17 250.

Comment

Check with some credit unions!!

Comment

That’s a terrible deal.

Listen to everyone, they are trying to help you out.

Comment

Originally posted by slicktree View Post
              Seems like you have your mind made up, go buy it. I've only been in business 10 years when times got hectic for me I bought an extra truck for 10k and a trailer for 4, and it's made me a hell of a lot of money and is continuing to make me a lot of money. Your guys will tear the truck up they dont care about it, they dont care about your trailer, and they dont care about your equipment.

Are your big contract leads with commercial maintenance, or a home builder? If so best of luck and get all the money you can from them because there is no loyalty.

Commercial maintenance, I don’t trust home builders.

Comment

I appreciate everyone’s help! I was in the mindset of looking at longevity and warranty. Just takes a little more convincing to get me to do something once I put my mind to it. It’s the old want versus need, while I’d love to have it, y’all are right, it won’t make me any more money than a cheaper, used truck. I appreciate yall’s help!! Buying used will save me 15-20k if I search for the right deals. Lots of clean trucks in the 40k range. What ballpark are interest rates on a used vehicle??

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                  I'm not trying to beat you down...I promise.

Been sitting right where you are right now, and that thinking put me in serious trouble.

I've got a loaded 2016 F350 4wd King Ranch with about 43K miles on it that is worth less than 50K right now.

It's way more truck than you would need, but it's still under warranty.

Not trying to sell it to you, just saying that there are trucks like that out there that would save you some money and still be way more than you would need.

I've learned something every single time I've been broke....wrongly thinking that I 'deserved' something (just because I wanted it) was one of the harder lessons

It's easy to make a bunch of money -- hanging on to it is what is difficult.

I know you’re not, you’re just trying to help! In reality, more equipment is way more important than a brand new truck. It’s a tough battle when you’ve busted your balls thinking you deserve something. this was my old truck, when I graduated high school I sold it and my dad gave me his 7.3, it’s a 2wd long wheel base. Weird deal for a freshman in college to go from a clean lifted truck to a grandpa truck. I’ve done it before, which means I can do it again. No sense in spending a bunch of my savings, just gotta look for the right deal and be patient. Hanging on to money in large quantities is definitely difficult, especially with credit cards during deer season lol! I’ve been disciplining myself on putting money back which will carry in to next year, so we will see how it works out!! Sometimes hard heads just need a little kick in the rear!

Comment

Good on you OP you listen to the words of the wise. Hell I was 40 until I bought my first new truck I was sick after I left the dealership.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                      Good on you OP you listen to the words of the wise. Hell I was 40 until I bought my first new truck I was sick after I left the dealership.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

It’s not the truck payment that I’m worried about... it’s the truck payment coupled with the commercial insurance that I’ll have to have that’s gunna get me!

Comment

Originally posted by justindiehl7 View Post
                        It’s not the truck payment that I’m worried about... it’s the truck payment coupled with the commercial insurance that I’ll have to have that’s gunna get me! I can afford it, I just won’t be comfortable about it, and it’ll make buying more equipment a longer process.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
                          Also, if you're trying to finance new equipment, you dang sure don't need a new truck.

I like this answer... ALOT! Puts the saying stop spending money you don’t have into picture!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                            For what it’s worth, we do over $50M/yr. Just added 20 USED trucks to the fleet...

Not that it matters, what kind of business?

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                              For what it’s worth, we do over $50M/yr. Just added 20 USED trucks to the fleet...
                              Welp.... Im in the wrong business

Comment

Credit Union!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X