Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2022, 09:20 AM   #1
Plain Lucky
Ten Point
 
Plain Lucky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Hunt In: North central Tx, Kansas
Default Tactacam booster antenna

Doesn't look like they make a booster antenna longer than 6' yet. Covert won't fit without an adapter, which seems difficult to find. Any recommendations?
Plain Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-16-2022, 10:55 AM   #2
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young
 
AntlerCollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Hunt In: Votaw, Del Rio, Eldorado, Bon Wier
Default

Amazon. You can get them 10’ Long. I have two of them.




.

Last edited by AntlerCollector; 06-16-2022 at 11:01 AM.
AntlerCollector is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-16-2022, 10:59 AM   #3
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young
 
AntlerCollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Hunt In: Votaw, Del Rio, Eldorado, Bon Wier
Default

Hereís one of my set ups. I didnít have any signal at all until i installed the longer antenna





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AntlerCollector is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-16-2022, 07:02 PM   #4
Russ79
Ten Point
 
Russ79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nacogdoches, Tx
Hunt In: Nacogdoches county, San Augustine county, Beaufort county NC
Default

Thanks AC for helping me put another dollar in Jeff Bezos pocket. Bought a Tacticam Reveal X and put out on the lease in San Augustine on the 16th of April. Immediately started getting pictures- got so excited that I bought two more but then quit getting pictures on May 2- my signal is weak. So just place an order for one of the antennas and if it works for me I guess I will need to buy a couple more.
Russ79 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-16-2022, 09:31 PM   #5
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young
 
AntlerCollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Hunt In: Votaw, Del Rio, Eldorado, Bon Wier
Default

The solar powered battery pack is a huge money saver if you don’t have one. My cameras don’t even have batteries in them. Charge stays at 100%
AntlerCollector is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2022, 10:10 PM   #6
Plain Lucky
Ten Point
 
Plain Lucky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Hunt In: North central Tx, Kansas
Default

Thanks AntlerCollector. I think I need way more than 10' to get a reasonable signal but will give it a try.

Do you have a link or brand for the solar powered batter pack you are referring to?
Plain Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2022, 02:19 AM   #7
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young
 
AntlerCollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Hunt In: Votaw, Del Rio, Eldorado, Bon Wier
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Lucky View Post
Thanks AntlerCollector. I think I need way more than 10' to get a reasonable signal but will give it a try.

Do you have a link or brand for the solar powered batter pack you are referring to?


https://elusivewildlife.com/shop/kil...ower-pack.html



I have 4 of these running in my Tactacam cameras.
AntlerCollector is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2022, 02:33 AM   #8
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young
 
AntlerCollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Hunt In: Votaw, Del Rio, Eldorado, Bon Wier
Default

Also the wire on the antenna wire is 10’. My camera is mounted about 6’ off the ground so the actual antenna is 15’- 16’ High. You may be able to find one with a longer cord. I got mine off Amazon
AntlerCollector is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-24-2022, 09:31 AM   #9
Plain Lucky
Ten Point
 
Plain Lucky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Hunt In: North central Tx, Kansas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntlerCollector View Post



https://elusivewildlife.com/shop/kil...ower-pack.html



I have 4 of these running in my Tactacam cameras.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntlerCollector View Post
Also the wire on the antenna wire is 10í. My camera is mounted about 6í off the ground so the actual antenna is 15í- 16í High. You may be able to find one with a longer cord. I got mine off Amazon
EXCELLENT info - THANKS!
Plain Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-24-2022, 07:51 PM   #10
BRUTE 23
Four Point
 
BRUTE 23's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2022
Default

Good info

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
BRUTE 23 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-25-2022, 09:13 PM   #11
TheHammer
Pope & Young
 
TheHammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Carthage, TX
Hunt In: Coke Co, Panola Co
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntlerCollector View Post
Also the wire on the antenna wire is 10í. My camera is mounted about 6í off the ground so the actual antenna is 15í- 16í High. You may be able to find one with a longer cord. I got mine off Amazon
Do you have a link to the antenna you bought for the reveal?
TheHammer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2022, 06:59 AM   #12
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young
 
AntlerCollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Hunt In: Votaw, Del Rio, Eldorado, Bon Wier
Default

I bought two of these in August 2021. I set them both up at my lease in Eldorado. I didnít have any cell phone service at either spot. Adding the antenna made it possible to get pics sent to me. Itís the best $17 I ever spent. Saves me an 8 hour drive to check SD cards.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AntlerCollector is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2022, 09:29 AM   #13
TheHammer
Pope & Young
 
TheHammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Carthage, TX
Hunt In: Coke Co, Panola Co
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntlerCollector View Post
I bought two of these in August 2021. I set them both up at my lease in Eldorado. I didnít have any cell phone service at either spot. Adding the antenna made it possible to get pics sent to me. Itís the best $17 I ever spent. Saves me an 8 hour drive to check SD cards.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Perfect. Thanks
TheHammer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2022, 04:01 PM   #14
Russ79
Ten Point
 
Russ79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nacogdoches, Tx
Hunt In: Nacogdoches county, San Augustine county, Beaufort county NC
Default

I bought the extended range antenna for my Tacticam and hooked it up to my camera in San Augustine yesterday- no help. Maybe someone has an idea if there is something else going on. Put the camera out the middle of March and was getting tons of pictures. May 2nd was the last day I got a picture- says I have a weak signal. Put the antenna on and still showing a weak signal. I tried walking around with the camera while on to see if I could find a spot that showed a better signal but came up empty.
Russ79 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2022, 04:39 PM   #15
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young
 
AntlerCollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Hunt In: Votaw, Del Rio, Eldorado, Bon Wier
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ79 View Post
I bought the extended range antenna for my Tacticam and hooked it up to my camera in San Augustine yesterday- no help. Maybe someone has an idea if there is something else going on. Put the camera out the middle of March and was getting tons of pictures. May 2nd was the last day I got a picture- says I have a weak signal. Put the antenna on and still showing a weak signal. I tried walking around with the camera while on to see if I could find a spot that showed a better signal but came up empty.


It may need a firmware update. Facebook has a great Tactacam group that can answer pretty much anything
AntlerCollector is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2022, 04:44 PM   #16
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young
 
AntlerCollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Hunt In: Votaw, Del Rio, Eldorado, Bon Wier
Default




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AntlerCollector is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2022, 05:52 PM   #17
TheHammer
Pope & Young
 
TheHammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Carthage, TX
Hunt In: Coke Co, Panola Co
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ79 View Post
I bought the extended range antenna for my Tacticam and hooked it up to my camera in San Augustine yesterday- no help. Maybe someone has an idea if there is something else going on. Put the camera out the middle of March and was getting tons of pictures. May 2nd was the last day I got a picture- says I have a weak signal. Put the antenna on and still showing a weak signal. I tried walking around with the camera while on to see if I could find a spot that showed a better signal but came up empty.
I think you have something else up other than signal. One of my cameras shows weak and it sends pictures no problem.
TheHammer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com