Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lic Plate stolen / Replacement questions...LEO's.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lic Plate stolen / Replacement questions...LEO's.

Wife was in Austin this past weekend & had the rear Lic plate stolen & was reported...she just got a call from APD telling her it has been entered into the system & we need to remove the 2nd plate that I had her move from the front to the rear.

1. I have an application for replacement plates, but is this form going to replace with the current 411 on the plates or is there a different form I need to submit??

2. What is recommended in the mean time while having no plates at all??

3. Is this plate thievory an Austin thing & would it be used to avoid tolls??

Gracias!!

You can either go to the county and request a 30 day temp tag or run without them and just carry your case number, but risk getting pulled over frequently.

License plates are stolen for a multitude of reasons. In the DFW region it’s mostly to conceal the identity of a vehicle for a crime/stolen.

Comment

Originally posted by Crookhunter View Post
      You can either go to the county and request a 30 day temp tag or run without them and just carry your case number, but risk getting pulled over frequently.

License plates are stolen for a multitude of reasons. In the DFW region it’s mostly to conceal the identity of a vehicle for a crime/stolen.
      X2

Also, you've probably already removed your tag info from the online Toll Tag system, but if not do that as well.

Sorry to hear about that, it's a pia.

Comment

Be best to go to county and get new tags they will hand them to you and walk out the door with them the will just want the car number.

Comment

Make your own paper tag....seems to work for half of Houston

Comment

Well I'm not sure if it's the same all over tx, but just returned from the Hidalgo Co office & walked out with new plates & sticker...I would never have guessed they had metal plates ready to dish out.

Gave them the police report, old plate / sticker & $6.50...nice surprise to see a govt agency have it right!!

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
              Well I'm not sure if it's the same all over tx, but just returned from the Hidalgo Co office & walked out with new plates & sticker...I would never have guessed they had metal plates ready to dish out.

Gave them the police report, old plate / sticker & $6.50...nice surprise to see a govt agency have it right!!
              Make sure and update your toll tag info. They might have racked up tolls on your stolen tag already.

Comment

I would not be surprised if you old plate wound up down in Mexico, on a police car. I had to wright estimates on two cars that were in a wreck down in Mexico, take pictures of the accident scene. I was down there for days trying to get all the info. I finally got to see the police report, saw the police photos of the accident scene. Got copies of those pictures, took them back to the office and was looking them over and noticed all of the police cars at the accident scene had Texas or other US state plates on the cars. I looked up one of the plates I could make out. Turns out, it was stolen off of a car in Marble Falls.

Comment

Originally posted by BayouCat View Post
                  Make your own paper tag....seems to work for half of Houston
                  I spit coffee all over my screen!

This is so true.

I had my plates stolen in Austin several years ago. Reported it and just went to court house and got new plates.

Comment

Had this happen twice to one of our work vehicles that is parked at the office over the weekends.
                    They put it on a vehicle of a similar description and used it in robberies.

Comment

Glad they got you take care of. You did it right and all tax offices should have hard plates to issue. Like said earlier call and cancel your TxTag if you have one

Comment

Working...
                      X