Can’t find a bow with 32.5” draw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can’t find a bow with 32.5” draw

I’m 6’6” and have a 32.5” draw and I’ve only found two bows with that length and they are insane in the price category. Any input on a rig with that draw length under a $1000?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe the Mathews Traverse has a 32.5" draw length
    Might find a used one for a decent price

Comment

Get a traditional recurve! The metal riser, olympic style recurves can be configured to handle darn near any draw length.

Comment

Dang...You are going to have to find yourself a Scorpio or a Ballista with that draw length!
        As Trumpkin recommended. If the price tag on a long draw compound makes you feel you are at the Big and Tall shop. Maybe you should consider a trad bow. A recurve or longbow.

Comment

I've got an old Bowtech Constitution I think goes to 32" and extend the D-loop a tad if you are interested. Fast shooting bow for sure. I believe it is 65% let off.

Comment

Matt Dillon was 6’6” also, he used a .45 Colt.

Comment

Hoyt double xl. Traverse goes to 32” but you could get 32.5 out of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Athens Archery just released a bow last week that goes to 32.5 or 33" can't remember the name of it but it is brand new. Great price point on their bows for the quality you are getting. It is a longer ATA bow, 38" I believe, but no reason you couldn't hunt with it.

Comment

I don't know what the Gearheads run, but I shot with a guy a couple of weeks ago who had a 33" draw. He said that and the Mathews were the only 2 in his DL. I'm sorry but I do not know the model he had.

Not to sound negative, that is the ugliest bow I've ever seen. But... every one I know that has shot it likes it.

Comment

A Bowtech Insanity CPXL will get you to 32''. These were made in 2012 thru 2014. As mentioned above, a long D loop would get you that extra little bit.

Comment

Suggestion, if you find a bow you like and can get close (DL maybe 31) you can try changing your release style or putting a little longer D loop on to compensate. I did that with my current set up. Loved the release but it was a little short, so instead of messing with DL I just lengthened the D loop I use by about 1/4 inch and works great for me. My d loop is just a hair under 1 inch in length right now.

Comment

Look at the Mathews Conquest line

Comment

Find what models you are interested in and keep an eye on Archery Talk classifieds

About the best place to buy used archery equipment and the only reason I ever visit that site

Comment

I've got a 1991 Hoyt SuperSlam Heat that goes to 32". The ol round wheeler has no wall, so an extra 1/2" isn't a problem. Even has Uncle Ted's autograph on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                              I've got a 1991 Hoyt SuperSlam Heat that goes to 32". The ol round wheeler has no wall, so an extra 1/2" isn't a problem. Even has Uncle Ted's autograph on it.
                              Wow. I haven't heard anyone mention that bow in a while. That was one of my very first bows back in the day.

Comment

Working...
                              X