No announcement yet.

Pat Mayse- Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That’s awesome to hear!! I got drawn for lower rio grande valley-NWR teniente but didn’t get my permit in time ha. No biggie though. Just gives me more time to hunt in other places.

Comment

Whole lotta *** going on here...Decided to start doing this during the season?

"Beginning October 5, 2020, the US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) and Weston Solutions Inc. will be conducting an ordnance remediation project on the area. Work activity will be isolated to the immediate area around the trails highlighted in red below, and may include the use of ATVs, UTVs, tractors, rotary cutters, or chainsaws. Please be aware of your surroundings and obey all posted signage and verbal commands from USACE staff and contractors. For more information call Jacob White at (903) 905-2207.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/huntwild/hunt...tivity=hunting

Comment

Originally posted by Code View Post

"Beginning October 5, 2020, the US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) and Weston Solutions Inc. will be conducting an ordnance remediation project on the area. Work activity will be isolated to the immediate area around the trails highlighted in red below, and may include the use of ATVs, UTVs, tractors, rotary cutters, or chainsaws. Please be aware of your surroundings and obey all posted signage and verbal commands from USACE staff and contractors. For more information call Jacob White at (903) 905-2207.

Why does this not surprise me?

Comment

Originally posted by Code View Post

Has anyone been out? How has this affected hunting? Seen any decrease in movement?

Comment

Anyone seen any chasing so far? I’m headed out to PMWMA this weekend

Comment

Was out there last weekend and didn’t see any chasing. They’re scraping and rubbing up areas but that’s the only sign/activity I’ve seen. Good luck this weekend! I’ll be out tomorrow to do a short hunt but nothing extensive.

Comment

Originally posted by 11B View Post
                Was out there last weekend and didn’t see any chasing. They’re scraping and rubbing up areas but that’s the only sign/activity I’ve seen. Good luck this weekend! I’ll be out tomorrow to do a short hunt but nothing extensive.
                Sounds good! Last year it got pretty crazy the first week of November. Good luck this weekend as well!

Comment

Was a very fun and relaxing weekend out at Pat Mayse. Friday night there was only one other hunter in the campground. By Saturday morning, it was filled with a few more. Main parking area appeared full. Went scouting Saturday afternoon and found a really fresh scrape and set up over it. Didn’t see or hear anything, but I think it’s a nighttime spot, since there’s not mush underbrush beneath the canopy. It’s very open and there’s acorns everywhere. Might be a better spot with a north wind though. As I got set up on my tree I looked around with my binoculars and saw someone has erected a ladder stand with flagging tape around the area. Hope everyone else had some good encounters. I’ll be back out second weekend of rifle season, and will be out for the drawn hunt on 11/21.

Comment

Heading that way right now. I’ll be out there until I tag out or Sunday next week, whatever comes first. Good luck to everyone this weekend that’s getting out!

Comment

Anyone get anything this year or even see anyone have success? That skinning rack up there didn’t have any sign of recent deer kills. I didn’t see anyone drag anything out when I was out there.

Comment

Seen deer but not before they saw me. Haven’t come across anyone that’s had any luck.

Comment

Seen deer but not before they saw me. Haven’t come across anyone that’s had any luck.
                          I’ve seen a doe while scouting, but that’s about it. Sat over a fresh scrape last weekend. Looked to my left about 40 yards and saw someone’s ladder stand. Wondering if they’re just farther back in there because of hunting pressure

Comment

Originally posted by TexasArchery_27 View Post
                            I’ve seen a doe while scouting, but that’s about it. Sat over a fresh scrape last weekend. Looked to my left about 40 yards and saw someone’s ladder stand. Wondering if they’re just farther back in there because of hunting pressure
                            There’s a chance of that. At least for some of the deer I figure. The deer that I saw that blew out was about 300 yards off the road. You out there this week any?

Comment

There’s a chance of that. At least for some of the deer I figure. The deer that I saw that blew out was about 300 yards off the road. You out there this week any?
                              Heading up there Tuesday after work. Should be there til Friday when they kick everyone out. I’ve got a drawn hunt there on 11/21-11/23 as well.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasArchery_27 View Post
                                Heading up there Tuesday after work. Should be there til Friday when they kick everyone out. I’ve got a drawn hunt there on 11/21-11/23 as well.
                                I was supposed to be out there until Friday but I had some unexpected stuff come up so I left out around noon today. Good luck out there

Comment

Working...
                                X