Gulf Brewing #26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

more info on the various planes used to study weather

Thanks God for modern technology. Imagine how our grandparents and great-gp's dealt with Mother Nature. They likely knew bad stuff was coming based on animal behavior along with years of experience.

Comment

Upper air sampling recon flight is on the way. Should help the models with understanding what is actually going on in the atmosphere ahead of the storm. Delta's infrared imagery is pretty incredible with some extremely cold cloud tops. Pretty dire situation for the NE Yucatan tomorrow morning, and as I said before, I hope no TBH'ers or friends/family of any are in the Cancun/Playa area right now.

Looking ahead I would feel much more comfortable if the various computer models would quit inching west.

Comment

Originally posted by ccbluewater View Post
        Upper air sampling recon flight is on the way. Should help the models with understanding what is actually going on in the atmosphere ahead of the storm. Delta's infrared imagery is pretty incredible with some extremely cold cloud tops. Pretty dire situation for the NE Yucatan tomorrow morning, and as I said before, I hope no TBH'ers or friends/family of any are in the Cancun/Playa area right now.

Looking ahead I would feel much more comfortable if the various computer models would quit inching west.

These catastrophic events usually come after a few close calls, when people get comfortable thinking the models won’t change and near misses. I hate that feeling if we’re due to run out of close calls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I got notification it’s Cat 4 with 130 mph winds

Comment

Those of us even in Lake Charles cannot afford this storm. We are looking to expereince 40+mph winds. We all have tarps on our roofs and those will be gone and rain inside yet again.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
              I got notification it’s Cat 4 with 130 mph winds
              This is without a cleared out eye.. Yikes.

SUMMARY OF 200 PM EDT...1800 UTC...INFORMATION
              ----------------------------------------------
              LOCATION...18.5N 83.5W
              ABOUT 260 MI...420 KM ESE OF COZUMEL MEXICO
              MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...140 MPH...220 KM/H
              PRESENT MOVEMENT...WNW OR 300 DEGREES AT 16 MPH...26 KM/H
              MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...956 MB...28.23 INCHES

Comment

Originally posted by ccbluewater View Post
                This is without a cleared out eye.. Yikes.
                CC models have this thing weakening fairly quick. Possible strengthening today into tomorrow, then downgrading to Cat 2 before landfall. Is it expected to encounter shear, dry air or both?

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                  CC models have this thing weakening fairly quick. Possible strengthening today into tomorrow, then downgrading to Cat 2 before landfall. Is it expected to encounter shear, dry air or both?
                  Cooler water and possibly some drier air

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

NHC shifted the track west with the latest update. Still centered on LA but closer to TX none the less.

Comment

Hope it weakens

Comment

It’s pretty choppy out here all ready. We just left Perdido for Mississippi canyon about to get started on top hole when we received word this morning to start heading East. Hopefully stay out of its path.

Comment

Gulf Brewing #26

Looks like they are predicting a major hurricane upon landfall

Last edited by 150class; 10-06-2020, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Ugh, it shifted a little bit west. Not good.

Comment

Gulf Brewing #26

Cancun / Cozumel are gonna take a beating tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm gonna slap the next weatherman who keeps trying to push this storm West

Comment

Working...
                                X