No announcement yet.

Almost tpwd draw hunt time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My son and I got drawn for GDE at Enchanted Rock SNA. Anybody ever been there on a hunt?

Comment

Originally posted by lonestartiger01 View Post
      thanks. It's going to be fun going again.
      It really is. I'll be sure and take lots of pics and video so I can tell you about what it's like on the 2nd time through.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
        got drawn for GDM at Doughtry, but it is same time as my GDA at Chap.

got drawn for general deer at Laguna Atascosa in January.

that's 4 I have won so far.
        Awesome! Congrats, David!

We drew GDE at Gene Howe this morning. I think I had 19 points in GDE. Last time I drew was at Gene Howe too. Killed a giant old 7 point. Saw a couple monsters.

Comment

So, pending 2nd drawing is not a good thing correct?

Comment

Originally posted by PassnItOn View Post
            So, pending 2nd drawing is not a good thing correct?
            It basically means 99% no but there is still a 1% chance you might get lucky if someone doesn't buy their permit and they roll into the 2nd draw.

Comment

My dad and I have been submitting for 13 years and have only been on youth hunts. This year we drew 3 different hunts.

Archery Chap Dec 1-4
              Choke Canyon - Calliham GDM Dec 8-11
              Enchanted Rock GDE Dec 31-Jan 3

I’m just happy we finally got drawn for a deer hunt.

Any hunt information available on Choke Canyon and Enchanted Rock?!? I can’t find much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm ofer this year so far.

Comment

Wife and I and kiddo drew Matagorda Island, 1st time I've drawn anything at all in 10+ years. Funny because kiddo also drew the Matagorda Island youth hunt so he gets to go twice.

Comment

Was drawn for the Aransas NWR General deer hunt. Pretty stoked about it. Haven’t drawn in four years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                      I can tell you its not because everyone has already accepted their permit. One of he kids got selected Fairfield and one went staight to not selected and I had not accepted the selected permit yet. Only thing I can figure is not everyone goes into the 2nd draw bin, just a smaller group gets in that bin. Curious if just higher points holders get a chance at 2nd draw.
                      Some hunt areas opt out of the second draw. Sometimes they offer the non-accepted hunts during stand-by

Comment

Zero gun hunts here. All 2nd pending or not selected.

Comment

0-fer today including SHNF Doe permit.

Congrats to all that were successful!

Comment

Got drawn for the management hunt at the chap. Should be fun.

Comment

Got a good year so far!.. Need to find more vacation.

Got selected for two e-postcard archery (Big Lake bottom and Richland Creek). Only accepted Richland.
                              Today I got Gus Engeling for the anterless and Alazon for GDE.
                              And my kids draw (one each) Nannie, powderhorn and Richanld for YDE.
                              Also one of the anterless for youth at the Chap.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                                Awesome! Congrats, David!

We drew GDE at Gene Howe this morning. I think I had 19 points in GDE. Last time I drew was at Gene Howe too. Killed a giant old 7 point. Saw a couple monsters.
                                Hard place to draw, don't they only have a couple permits?

Comment

Working...
                                X