Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Savage Tactical desert group.

Hi,

I recently got a new Savage Tactical desert on 6.5 creedmor.
    It has a heavy barrel, accustock and accu-trigger. I set the accu-trigger on the low side of things. Got some vortex rings and an hst viper from our resident vortex dealer (arrowsmith). Combine with hornardy match ammo (try two other types but none as good as the match) and this is the group I got.
    I actually had to shoot the group in two parts, as a cease fire was called after the first three shots. What do you think?. I know is just one group, but It's by far the best group I've ever shot at 100 yards.
    Next stop 200-300 yard range.
    Attached Files

Excellent, what length barrel comes on that one?

Comment

24 inches

Comment

Dudeeeee I was almost sold on getting that unit in .300 win mag but I think I read too much anti savage elitist material on the internet that psyched me out.

Comment

Impressive! Pics of said bang-stick?

Comment

Savage are great shooters.
            Attached Files

Comment

Winchester makes some 140 gr match that my savage can put hole in hole! Hornady was about same as your though!

Comment

I got to try those... I’m guessing is their match ammo?

Comment

My son and I both have Savage 6.5 creedmoors that shoot 140gr Hornady ELD-X factory ammo like that. Mine is the Model 10 Predator Hunter and his is a Stevens action with a factory Savage varmint barrel installed on it off of one of the Cabela's Savage 12FVs. A guy bought it for the action and I bought the unfired barrel from him. My son's is glass bedded in a Boyd's laminate stock and we put a Rifle Basix trigger in it and mine is just as it came from the factory in an accustock and with the factory accutrigger. They shoot so well it's just silly.

Comment

Working...
                  X