Calculate future inflation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calculate future inflation?

Anyone try to calculate future inflation?

Wondering if/when it hits us. We all talk about it for years, mainly after the bailouts in 2008. But it never really hit hard.

Wondering how much money was created around 1999-2002 and 2007-2009 and now in 2020.

Obviously no one can predict as it can take longer etc.. I plan to try and find a few facts today.

Since 1967 the price of a new Mustang GT 350 has went up 23.46 times what is cost 53 years ago.

Comment

The past is easy. Wondering about the next 5-25 years.

Comment

FIgure 3% and you will be very close.

Comment

What is the item that most accurately shows inflation? Loaf of bread, Remington 870, Ford Mustang?

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
            FIgure 3% and you will be very close.
            So we have not printed a larger % of money now versus long ago?

I know the standard has always been 3%.. Just seems like the FEDS have printed vast amounts just in 2020..Trillions.

Comment

Inflation rate for this year is expected to be low, somewhere between 0.8 and 1.8 depending who is doing the forecast.
              For 2022 they expect somewhere between 1.7 and 2.2

Of course all those are projections and who know what is really going to happen. But you must take into account that the fed will raise interest rates if inflation starts to creep up, just like it lowers interest rate if inflation rate goes too low.

Comment

I hope it isn’t so bad I gotta eat Alpo with me pension

Comment

Working...
                X