The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
    It’s not if but when a single pin will **** you. Even whitetail hunting. I run a 4 pin slider. I’m good 20-50 and my bottom pin is my floater.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the advice!

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
      It’s outsourced to Software company. I highly doubt that majority(software company) didn’t work remote before this

Awesome! Good to know

Comment

Originally posted by sheltonsykes View Post
        Looking for advice from the group. I went on my first elk hunt last September and was very lucky to harvest a bull of a lifetime! I learned a ton over my week in New Mexico and hope to return this fall. One big mistake I made was using a single pin sight. I prefer the single pin sight and will still use for whitetail hunting but wanted to see what sight you all prefer for elk hunting. Thanks!
        I like the option archery sight and have been using it for a few years. That way I can run a single pin for stand hunting in Texas. For spot and stalk in CO I have three fixed pins set at 30-40-50. I set the single pin at 60 yards and then can "slide" it down if needed. I can also just dial it in to whatever yardage if I have the time.

I also like the fact that the housing doesn't move. If I'm dumb enough at the time to run it just in single pin mode I know pretty quick when I'm at full draw if I didn't reset it to a certain yardage... since it moves within the housing.

The negative is it is pricey.

Comment

Originally posted by TGoody View Post
          Any takers on what day in April you think the New Mexico Draw Results will be posted!?!? [emoji120][emoji102][emoji51]
          The guide I applied through is telling me to expect results around April 15.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	4BC563F7-2894-48C5-8440-5FB75284E7B3.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	24613370
            Season can’t get here fast enough

Comment

X2.

Comment

Need Help!
                Anybody got a source for a mounting system that could hold up a matching set of Elk Sheds!?

Comment

The Elk Thread

Google is your friend (in this case) “taxidermy mounting elk sheds”

Here’s a DIY.

This is the old way. Won't be using any store bought skull cap or pedicles. Will just use materials around the shop to build antler supports. Start...

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                    Google is your friend (in this case) “taxidermy mounting elk sheds”

Here’s a DIY.

This is the old way. Won't be using any store bought skull cap or pedicles. Will just use materials around the shop to build antler supports. Start...

Been looking into it for a couple days now, but nothing on Google is what I’ve got in my head! I like the Van Dyke’s setup and that’s pretty much the direction I wanted to go but those are $80 a piece and I need 2 sets... guess I’ll just bite the bullet

Comment

Montana has their results posted. I drew my general elk tag

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
                        Montana has their results posted. I drew my general elk tag

If you’re in SW Montana get in touch. If you’re hunting the Gravellys Range we had 4 Griz maulings last bow season. Bring 2 cans of bear spray (1 backup in pack) and a large caliber handgun should the wind be swirling or in your face.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                          If you’re in SW Montana get in touch. If you’re hunting the Gravellys Range we had 4 Griz maulings last bow season. Bring 2 cans of bear spray (1 backup in pack) and a large caliber handgun should the wind be swirling or in your face.

Yes sir, I’ll be back in the same spot as last year, might even get to come up in June for some spring bear hunting in the tobacco roots. I’ll give you a shout when I get my schedule lined up and see if we can’t meet up for lunch or coffee or something like we did last year.

Comment

Come on NM!!!! Hurry the heck up

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
                              Yes sir, I’ll be back in the same spot as last year, might even get to come up in June for some spring bear hunting in the tobacco roots. I’ll give you a shout when I get my schedule lined up and see if we can’t meet up for lunch or coffee or something like we did last year.

I’m living in the foothills of the southern end of the Tobacco Roots. I’ll join you!

Comment

Wolf tracks in the Tobacco Roots last archery elk season. Dark, cold area. I felt like Little Red Riding Hood walking to Grandma’s house.

Comment

Working...
                                X