Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is 100% Fallow

Comment

It also had a very light colored rump/tail. If you see it again, look for tarsal glands. Wt will have them present fallow will not.

Comment

Been hunting our place in Schleicher county for over 20 years and have never seen an exotic....til Saturday morning when I had a axis doe come in to the feeder. She didnt make it out.

Comment

For what it is worth we hunt between McKavett and Eldorado and at times have several Fallow. It does look a little more like a yearling fallow, but probably is just the pic.

Comment

Maybe there is a fallow buck running around that is overstepping his boundaries

Comment

Our Biologist told us if we see a fawn during rifle season to kill the fawn and the mother because they will both breed at the wrong time every year. We never did that but that's what the "expert" said to do.

Comment

I have seen 2 WHITETAIL fawns with spots still on them in the past two weeks. Totally plauseable.

Comment

That’s a fallow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LMiz View Post
                    I know hogs will nurse any piglet but cattle will not.
                    What? Cattle will only nurse their own piglets?

Comment

Saw spots last weekend between Christoval and Eldorado as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
                        Been hunting our place in Schleicher county for over 20 years and have never seen an exotic....til Saturday morning when I had a axis doe come in to the feeder. She didnt make it out.
                        Hell no, I bet she didn’t! Much like you, she woulda made it...straight to the freezer

Comment

I too had a WT fawn last weekend in Eldorado still fully spotted

Comment

I’m with the not a WT crowd.

Comment

I have a spotted fawn at the place in Pleasanton. Probably the young doe was bred during the secondary rut. I have a doe with twins that I hand feed next to the cabin that just lost their spots about 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Definitely a fallow fawn.

Comment

Working...
                                X