No announcement yet.

Undersized buck dumped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah they all go silent quickly. I could understand being questioned if I said I seen Bigfoot or a UFO or a Black panther. This was a simple deer tag. I was talking to my brother-( the one who can’t tell the difference in a tag or not) the other day and wondered if maybe there was a tag and the GW found the deer and removed it. It weird because it is the second buck we have found dead in the ditch in the last two weeks. The first was over 13” and not processed just left to waste. My property owner called thinking it may have been one we shot and couldn’t find. I meet the property owner at the deer and we flipped it over and it had a bullet hole right behind the shoulder. They just left it to go to waste.

Comment

Ttt, for more TBHCSI responses

Comment

Just because it was dumped in a AR county doesn’t mean it was killed in one.

Comment

[QUOTE=Hart8;13831062]

"If it's a buck tag you don't have to show proof of sex."

Say what?

Comment

Never hunted in an AR co.before..Here the only time you have to prove sex is when a doe is tagged a doe quartered up in an ice chest.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Undersized buck dumped

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
              Never hunted in an AR co.before..Here the only time you have to prove sex is when a doe is tagged a doe quartered up in an ice chest.

Where is here? Outside of Texas?

On another note, after reading this post, I now know why there are so many black panther sightings in East Texas..

Comment

Concho,not far from you

Comment

Concho,not far from you

You may wanna recheck the Game laws.

Comment

I'll look it up.

Comment

Concho,not far from you

Yeah I think you might want to recheck that....

Comment

If you hunt in Texas, you are flat our wrong on this. AR county or not, proof of sex is required. From TPWD:

Deer or Pronghorn Antelope
                        Notice: It is unlawful to possess a deer or pronghorn antelope with proof of sex removed unless the deer or antelope is at a final destination and has been quartered. Proof of sex includes one of the following:

* the head (skinned or unskinned) of a buck deer with antlers attached;
                        * the head (skinned or unskinned) of an antlerless deer;
                        * the unskinned head of a pronghorn; or
                        * a completed Managed Lands Deer Program (MLDP) Tag, Antlerless Mule Deer Permit, CWD Check Station Receipt, or TPWD Drawn Hunt Legal Deer Tag.

It is unlawful to remove the head or antlers (proof of sex) of deer or pronghorn at a commercial processor until the carcass has been quartered and entered into the cold storage logbook.

Comment

I've always wondered why so many people get tickets by the GW...

After reading this thread I know why.... :facepalm:

People, READ the Outdoor Annual... They're FREE when you buy a hunting license! That is "if" you even buy one....

Proof of sex not required for a buck? BS!

I feel sorry for others and kids that "learn" from the nonsense posted here.... Y'all know just as well as I do that kids today DO NOT do any kind of research. They see or hear something, make a knee jerk reaction and take it as the Gospel.

"but Mr. Game Warden, the guy on TBH said I don't have to show proof of sex for a buck."

"I'm sorry little Johnny, but you were misinformed. Sign here, your court date is listed on the citation."

Educate yourself before you "try" to educate someone else...

Comment

There ya go. Hart8, Not trying to pick on ya, just don't want ya getting in trouble

Comment

Undersized buck dumped

It says in your profile you hunt in Concho Cty, Tx. If that is correct, then you are dead wrong!!!! Unless you hunt on an MLD property, you have to keep proof of sex for any deer you kill!!!! On MLD properties, the MLD tag counts as proof of sex.

Bisch

Edit: I see folks above me have already informed you of this little tidbit of information!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                              Last edited by Bisch; 12-06-2018, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Honcho View Post
                                If you hunt in Texas, you are flat our wrong on this. AR county or not, proof of sex is required. From TPWD:

Deer or Pronghorn Antelope
                                Notice: It is unlawful to possess a deer or pronghorn antelope with proof of sex removed unless the deer or antelope is at a final destination and has been quartered. Proof of sex includes one of the following:

* the head (skinned or unskinned) of a buck deer with antlers attached;
                                * the head (skinned or unskinned) of an antlerless deer;
                                * the unskinned head of a pronghorn; or
                                * a completed Managed Lands Deer Program (MLDP) Tag, Antlerless Mule Deer Permit, CWD Check Station Receipt, or TPWD Drawn Hunt Legal Deer Tag.

It is unlawful to remove the head or antlers (proof of sex) of deer or pronghorn at a commercial processor until the carcass has been quartered and entered into the cold storage logbook.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/regulations/o...s/proof-of-sex

GW also told me that if you quarter and cape your own deer in camp and then drop said deer head off at taxi on the way home, that a receipt from the taxi works as well....Their logbook will coincide with license tag.
                                Last edited by Smart; 12-06-2018, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X