Financial advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Financial advice.

I need help with a good growth vehicle for some money. I checked on a 3 year CD and the interest rate was 2.65%. what other choices do i have

CD, Certificate of Depression What kind of return do you want and what is your risk tolerance?

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Bump for using the propper spelling of advice.

Sorry, I'm unable to advise on this situation. Best of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Darton View Post
          CD, Certificate of Depression What kind of return do you want and what is your risk tolerance?
          ^^^ & timeframe....

vegas-put it on red
          or
          mutual funds

Comment

Originally posted by nothinbutwelves View Post
            I need help with a good growth vehicle for some money. I checked on a 3 year CD and the interest rate was 2.65%. what other choices do i have
            You can get better than that in a 36 month CD

Comment

Buy guns and wait for the next Democrat president to be elected.

Comment

Originally posted by spliffnwesson View Post
                Bump for using the propper spelling of advice.

Sorry, I'm unable to advise on this situation. Best of luck.
                Ironic I suppose considering the errors in this post

Comment

No idea the amount you want to invest but with only a 2.65% return isn’t much. If you have any debt, I’d venture to guess the rate is higher than 2.65%. Pay off any CCs, car notes and mortgage. If all the above is done, Invest in an account that compounds interest. Another id a would be real estate, market should self correct and be a buyers market soon.

QUOTE=nothinbutwelves;13839255]I need help with a good growth vehicle for some money. I checked on a 3 year CD and the interest rate was 2.65%. what other choices do i have[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                    Ironic I suppose considering the errors in this post
                    Sure enough, somehow slipped an extra p in proper.

Comment

I’m a big fan of real estate. If you are talking about a sum of money large enough for 20-25% down on a small home and have good credit, I would consider buying a rental house. It’s not for everyone but long term, it’s tough to beat and is a pretty safe investment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by nothinbutwelves View Post
                        2.65% is really not bad considering what it was 1-2 years ago. Pretty much all other investments carry risk.

Comment

Don't have kids. Best financial advice you'll ever get.

Comment

Use Bankrate.com's free tools, expert analysis, and award-winning content to make smarter financial decisions. Explore personal finance topics including credit cards, investments, identity protection, autos, retirement, credit reports, and so much more.

Use this calculator and tax the earnings 30%, this will get you a ballpark number.

Comment

If you have a good chunk of change then I'd get a manged E-trade account. Let them do it for a while and keep an eye on what they do. Not necessarily cause you should be worried, but to learn a bit on what is purchased/sold and when it's purchased/sold. After a year or so I'd manage it myself.

The stocks are where it's at for most everyone. They have been in the steadily increasing since forever. You would have to assume that trend will stay. Obviously there will be losses but if you don't happen to sell before them you have to leave it there, most of the time it will recoup what you lost and more. If you manage it yourself, research, research, research.

The nice thing about a management account is they are already well versed in how the markets work and what the trends typically are. You tell them what risks you want to take, how risky you want to be. There is no guaranteed rate of return but you could average 7-10%.

Also, if you do go this route, don't open the etrade app up everyday too look at what you getting. This is long term growth, there won't always been green numbers in the day to day changes.

Comment

Working...
                              X