No announcement yet.

Chaparral 2018 thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI. A little change to the ending time of the hunt. My permit states that the hunt ends at the end of normal hunting time on the last day of the hunt Starts at noon on the first day and ends 30 minutes after sunset on the last.
    Confirmed with TPWD.

Comment

That’s awesome so we get to hunt the entire last day instead of just till noon? I’m looking forward to going down there again and shooting another one. It’s always a blast

Comment

Originally posted by Schubert6689 View Post
        FYI. A little change to the ending time of the hunt. My permit states that the hunt ends at the end of normal hunting time on the last day of the hunt Starts at noon on the first day and ends 30 minutes after sunset on the last.
        Confirmed with TPWD.
        That’s good to hear, I don’t see anywhere on my permit where it talks about am/pm time frames. Did you call the chap headqtrs?

Comment

Good luck gentlemen, I'm jealous. Here are my two chap bucks. It is possible.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
            That’s good to hear, I don’t see anywhere on my permit where it talks about am/pm time frames. Did you call the chap headqtrs?
            Yes. I called the Chapparal office and confirmed. It’s on the attachment that is with your paid permit. It’s in the Hunt Information first paragraph.

Comment

Nice bucks, Sideler! I'm still waiting on my Chap archery Buck from last year

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Schubert6689 View Post
                Yes. I called the Chapparal office and confirmed. It’s on the attachment that is with your paid permit. It’s in the Hunt Information first paragraph.
                Yep I read that today, was just looking at the permit. Make since. Not much good hunting done that last morning and prob gets everyone packed up and out that morning after quicker. That extra pm time makes a big difference.

Comment

Sideler that wide deer made a nice euro

Comment

So I have a question for y’all veterans. I know we are allowed to feed corn, but can we used a road feeder to throw the corn? Also can we use a golf cart to get us around our unit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Road chummers are great, hand corning or walking the roads what ever works best. I like a road chummer as it doesn't concentrate the deer along a line. Also, don't corn too heavily in the evening, you'll be feeding them all night if so.

Bring a camera and corn an alternate sight, cell camera's work out there so take one if you have it.

I've never heard of any type vehicle being allowed other than your truck but it never hurts to ask.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                        Road chummers are great, hand corning or walking the roads what ever works best. I like a road chummer as it doesn't concentrate the deer along a line. Also, don't corn too heavily in the evening, you'll be feeding them all night if so.

Bring a camera and corn an alternate sight, cell camera's work out there so take one if you have it.

I've never heard of any type vehicle being allowed other than your truck but it never hurts to ask.

Sweet! Thanks man I’m pumped to go!

Comment

Sorry guys, late to the party. Myself and fellow TBHer (MikeJ) got drawn for Dec 4-7 as well. Been there quite a few times on youth hunts and a couple javelina hunts but this will be my first "big deer" hunt.

Don't want to start an argument about preference points but LAST YEAR I had 15 pts and drew a different archery hunt. Came into this year with only 1 preference point and drew Chap of all places. It's definitely a lottery crap shoot.

Haven't decided if we'll be camping or staying in hotel in Cotulla. Will probably depend on the weather. Great thing about all the youth hunts is I been able to see quite a few different compartments over the years. Not sure if that will help but sure if nice to know the area somewhat prior to the hunt. Thanks to all who have shared in the past. Best of luck to everyone and hopefully can get the phone to work so we can be semi-live.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTrophyBowhunter View Post
                            So I have a question for y’all veterans. I know we are allowed to feed corn, but can we used a road feeder to throw the corn? Also can we use a golf cart to get us around our unit?

I have taken my electric cart in past hunts, different manager now so I would double check but anything electric should be fine, problem is you prob won’t have availability to recharge with hauling it in and out. I don’t take it anymore because your really better off parking at edge of your compartment and walk in. Soon as they hear a truck drive the scenderos they go on alert.

Comment

Chap

Hunted Chap bout a dozen times in the last 20 yrs, bow only. Killed some doe's and a yote but have seen some gorillies I called TPWD and found out that I was drawn 14th for the second bow hunt, permit number ends in 71, go figure. This is the first time I'll be going solo. Hope to meet y'all in the primitive camp. Good luck.

Comment

I got drawn on the quail hunt the last weekend of Oct. anybody know anything about how the quail are doing down there?

Comment

Working...
                                X