• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang good shooting.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
      Day 1- Zero

The red hornets cleared out the deadbodies from their garage eaves nest last week. The new ladies have posted up watch. I avoid eye contact with them...they queue in and immediately assume attack posture if eye contact is made. Im hoping either the Carolina Wrens or the King Birds takem out soon.
      Are you serious about the eye contact? Also, why not just spray them with Spectracide Pro (in the white can)? Are they in a hole you can't get to?

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
        Are you serious about the eye contact? Also, why not just spray them with Spectracide Pro (in the white can)? Are they in a hole you can't get to?
        Red Hornets have a very "BAD" attitude, and are constantly looking for an excuse to sting something. We have lots of them around here.

While I have no idea for sure if eye contact disturbs them (or not), it sure does seem to.

You can look at them out of the corner of your eyes, and they will seem relatively calm if you are being still. Turn your eyes to look straight at them, and they immediately start fluttering their wings as if they are going to fly & attack, and they will remain excited as long as you are looking at them no matter how still you are, and "WILL" eventually attack.

Fought them, and yellow jackets in my shop all day yesterday.
        Finally got tired of it, and mixed up one cup of dawn dish washing liquid into one gallon of water in my pump sprayer. They all gone now. .

That mixture don't kill them instantly, but they are down for the count once it hits them.

Rick

P.S.
        Shot my last shot of the challenge this morning.
        No picture needed as it didn't tie or take the lead.
        Got a body 8 for a total of +13.
        Ellis leads with a +15.

Comment

Yeah and them bad boys leave a sore knot for days. We fight them constantly at the ranch and the lease.
          And yes, the eye contact thing is real. Look at them and they'll turn and fly right to you.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
            Its dang scary. I get goose bumps. I keep bees and keep calm but red hornets cause me to swell bad. I dont like spraying alot of chemicals especially when I cant get the nest...buggers have learned to avoid predation amd chemical spray by building their nests in the soffits and using gable flashing corners for entry points.

Comment

Nil on the yellow jacket.
              Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-26-2021, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Ellis, you have the call for this week.

Rick

Comment

Okey doke. On it.

Comment

Working...
                  X