Moose scouting trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moose scouting trip

Spouse drew a Wyoming moose tag so we took a little 2 day trip to check out the area and learn some roads.
    We'll be west of Big Piney up in the national forest. Lots of history in the rea with James Bridger as a trapper there and the Oregon Trail goes over the mountains here.
    Fontenelle fire burned parts of the area 2 years ago and the falling burned trees will be an issue.
    We have the FS cabin pictured booked for a week 3rd week in Sept, propane lights , heat , cook stove and frig. We'll have to haul our water in though.
    Attached Files

1st pic has the cabin in the very middle of the pic and the following 3 pics are the nice willow bottom beside the cabin.
    A few pics of other spots we can hunt moose too.
    Note all the willows look the same height, that is from the moose browsing them down, a good sign for finding moose.
    Attached Files

Comment

Great pics and beautiful country. I think it was somewhere near there that I lost a pair of Ray-Ban sunglasses. If you happen to come across any in the sagebrush, they’re mine.

Comment

Stopped along the way and threw a few casts in the Green River .
        Attached Files

Comment

Def have moose on my bucket list
          Will be following along when the time comes

Comment

Nice looking area, should be a lot of fun. Good luck.

Comment

Beautiful country, full of history. Hope it is full of moose for you come September. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
              X